Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all: noob here considering purchase of a new Z. Been searching on here for info about transmission issues - seems the early models certainly had problems if not an official recall. Wondering if the general consensus is that the tranny issues have been resolved with MY05 and later cars. Also, are there any other known maintenance issues to look out for with the newer models (tire feathering/noise, etc.)??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
No problems here - 2k miles. Shift on! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Most of the problems were with the 2003 tranny, and some with 2004. I have an 2003 Z and I had the tranny replaced with a 2005. You should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Only 3,700 miles so far, however no problems.

FYI, chirped tires going from 1st to 2nd by shifting just below 7000. TCS did not light! :irock:

I was out taking my wife's friend from Japan for a short ride and got just a little aggressive with the driving.

Apparently the Z is really lusted after there. He told her it stops pedestrians on the streets just like the commercials, so he really enjoyed the ride in the Lady!

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I switched to the new 2005 tranny, the difference in shifting and performance was amazing. I am pushing 622whp through this thing, and it hasnt missed a beat yet. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sharif! Good to see you here!

Thanks Man...since i have Brandon working for me now, I have a little more time to visit the other boards. :) I am sure you'll see more of me.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Sharif i have a question for you...

is a transmission upgrade need with a Vortehc supercharger?
i know its need with a TT for a 5AT

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sharif i have a question for you...

is a transmission upgrade need with a Vortehc supercharger?
i know its need with a TT for a 5AT
Assuming you are refering to an auto tranny, then no upgrade is needed with the Vortechs. Becuase their power and trq curves are more leaner (and lower peak trq as well), the 5AT should hold up just fine. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.