Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna know which would win in a little street race. maybe not a quarter mile just like a dash from one light to the next. anyone done so yet with a o5 mustang gt? not the v6 the v8

·
Registered
470 Posts
I raced one a couple of weeks ago, it was an automatic one though, but i won by about a half a car he was fast on the start though!!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I've seen them go as low as 13.2 @ 104 mph STOCK , average # is about 13.5 on 1/4 mile.. so stock v. stock , and equal drivers - stang will most likely win..

·
Registered
543 Posts
I got a taste of one this weekend, at a stoplight, so I didnt push it or anything.

Actually he got me off the line because I didnt think he would race. But as soon as I aaw him go I gunned it.

He started with about 2 car lead on me, and I started slowly pulling him in till about 75, when we both slowed down. He was still in the lead but, my front bumper was at his rear bumper.

He had a great launch though, I can see why they trap so well. But its pretty clear the gearing leaves much to be desired for 0-75MPH runs.

I gave him thumbs up and went to go pick up my pizza. Maybe I will see him again and he will see MY tail lights..

I would love to see oen do 13.2 stock, because I flat out do NOT believe it. I maybe could buy a 13.6, but no better than that, assuming STOCK. No slicks, no gears, or anything. And a 13.6 would take a great driver and a great track.

IMO they are great competition for the Zs... even a bit cheaper!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
They can do 13.6's with crappy drivers...i've seen 13.4's in stock form. The solid rear axle helps it launch so well. They just put the power to the ground alot better than 350Z's, even though they weigh ~200lbs. more and have ~20-30rwhp more.

·
Registered
543 Posts
[/quote]
They can do 13.6's with crappy drivers...i've seen 13.4's in stock form. The solid rear axle helps it launch so well. They just put the power to the ground alot better than 350Z's, even though they weigh ~200lbs. more and have ~20-30rwhp more.
<div align="right">[snapback]96885[/snapback]
[/quote]

I still havent seen a slip or vid of a 13.4 yet. Got one?

They have a live axle, not a solid axle, if I am not mistaken. Most of them (from mustangforums.com) dyno around 260-265, meaning a 20-25 HP gain, but they weigh 300lbs or so more. Also from what I observerd their gearing hurts them badly.

I still keep hearing 13.4 and lower, but the best I could find was 13.67 stock.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
<div align="right">[snapback]96885[/snapback]
[/quote]

I still havent seen a slip or vid of a 13.4 yet. Got one?

They have a live axle, not a solid axle, if I am not mistaken. Most of them (from mustangforums.com) dyno around 260-265, meaning a 20-25 HP gain, but they weigh 300lbs or so more. Also from what I observerd their gearing hurts them badly.

I still keep hearing 13.4 and lower, but the best I could find was 13.67 stock.
<div align="right">[snapback]96893[/snapback]
[/quote]
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-5584.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-4715.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-5286.html
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-4200.html <- 13.6 bone stock, AUTOMATIC
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-4448.html

No, they have a solid rear axle: http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/05fordmustang.html
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/mustang_gt.asp
If it had a IRS it would sure handle better though, though launching wouldn't be as good.

Most of the dyno's I see are 260-280rwhp bone stock. They weigh 3400lbs...the 350Z weighs 3200lbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[/quote]
My good friend has a new Mustang GT and hes runnig a E.T. of 13.40 after he uses his hand held to flash the computer. B4 he got his hand held we were about dead even when we played around . I own a 2004 roadster with a few little mods on it . Now hes untouchable without a bunch of money. :cry:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Here we go again, comparing fast, cheap cars with our babies. If I wanted a faster car, I'd a bought one. I wanted a BETTER car, & I got one.

Props to f#rd for updated styling & IRS....but that's about it IMO...

I don't see any of 'em out racing that 400hp GTO...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
The GT's are pulling the same ET's as the 350HP GTO's...

I would bet on the GT500 giving the C6 Z06 a run for it's money in the 1/4 mile.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]

I would bet on the GT500 giving the C6 Z06 a run for it's money in the 1/4 mile.
<div align="right">[snapback]97793[/snapback]
[/quote]
If by GT500, you mean those POS's that have all been recalled because of bad suspension parts snapping under pressure, then you can have it. I'd take the styling and history of the Vette anyday. Someday I will own one in my garage...

As for racing my Z against a Ford, closest I came was against an 03 or 04 Mach 1. We were on a highway, and he got the jump on me before I realized we were at it. I'd like a rematch.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]97793[/snapback]
[/quote]
If by GT500, you mean those POS's that have all been recalled because of bad suspension parts snapping under pressure, then you can have it. I'd take the styling and history of the Vette anyday. Someday I will own one in my garage...

As for racing my Z against a Ford, closest I came was against an 03 or 04 Mach 1. We were on a highway, and he got the jump on me before I realized we were at it. I'd like a rematch.
<div align="right">[snapback]97838[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, that's the Ford GT. Ford didn't have anything to do with assembling it...they got Saleen to develop almost everything for it and build them for them. So now they are on Saleen's ass about the suspension and etc. problems.

Mach 1's have ~270rwhp...you won't win assuming the drivers are good. :nana: :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Aaah, thanks Dirn. Those are nice...

Yep, I think that Mach 1 was being driven well.

And I'm sure that those suspension parts were made in China.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
You realize Nissan and Ford are about the same in reliability right? According to J.D. Power & Associates at least.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
That's pretty funny since when was the last time Nissan issued a do not prive warning like Ford did with the GT?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
That's pretty funny since when was the last time Nissan issued a do not prive warning like Ford did with the GT?
<div align="right">[snapback]97917[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ford and Nissan competing in who is more reliable is like retarded kids in olympics.

They are both crap when it comes down to it. Nissan has had their share of bad cars and so has Ford. Though Ford has probably had more, due to them making more cars than Nissan does and being around longer.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
But in recent automotive and business history, Nissan has made a **** of a comeback and is the cinderalla company now. Their recent success and full complement of cars, trucks, SUV's and minivans makes them pretty successful in such a tight market.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts