Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the clear strips for the headlights and I just wanted to paint the inner housings while I was at it. Does anyone know how to do this stuff really well?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you are taking the headlight apart yourself then I would also paint them yourself. It shouldn't be that hard to do even with spraypaint. The hardest part will be taking the headlight cover off using an oven to bake them up. After that, you can remove the plastic chrome reflectors inside the light and then prime and paint the remaining plastic. Also, considering that the headlight will be sealed back up, you won't have to worry about moisture. It can be done, otherwise I would send them to a body shop.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Zxrage@Sep 13 2005, 11:45 PM
If you are taking the headlight apart yourself then I would also paint them yourself.  It shouldn't be that hard to do even with spraypaint.  The hardest part will be taking the headlight cover off using an oven to bake them up.  After that, you can remove the plastic chrome reflectors inside the light and then prime and paint the remaining plastic.  Also, considering that the headlight will be sealed back up, you won't have to worry about moisture.  It can be done, otherwise I would send them to a body shop.
[snapback]154899[/snapback]​

Yeah, I just decided to take the plunge and try it myself on Sunday. Hopefully it turns out ok :goodtimes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts