Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am look for the best way to remove Bug Guts, I live in the country and come accross this on a weekly bases and there are some bug guts that I can't get off. Can anyone HELP?????????????

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
A wet dryer sheet works very well. I use them on my front bumper if it gets real bad

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you have alot just use bug and tar remover. After you use it make sure to put a new coat of wax back on though.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have actually found the dryer sheet to work even better than bug and tar remover. It makes a soapy film and has some coarsness to it and just pulls bugs off like nothing.

On a side note 1500 posts!!!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think I'll try a test run with the dryer sheets on another car before the Z. Not that doubt you, Dave. I guess I don't have bug problems up here as much as you guys do down there.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Hugo1669@Oct 4 2004, 09:12 AM
The dryer sheets don't scratch???

I would think that if you brush lightly and continuously, then wax the area after the offending material is gone, it would be alright.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have a bottle of the TW remover myself. I use it only in extreme situations. Since I wash the Z at least once a week, and there aren't serious bug problems here, I don't have to use the spray that much.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Clay bar will remove bugs and thier internals from your paint. Just be sure to use a proper lubricant...such as diluted car wash solution. If you ever drop the clay bar...discard it and use an new piece.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by KShep@Oct 4 2004, 11:44 AM
Clay bar will remove bugs and thier internals from your paint.  Just be sure to use a proper lubricant...such as diluted car wash solution.  If you ever drop the clay bar...discard it and use an new piece.

I agree claybar works great. Easiest way to keep it lubed is to take a spray bottle and dilute car wash soap and water and just keep spraying the area that you are claybarring. Takes a little while but the outcome is incredible.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Use kerosene and water...It does several things..1.removes bugs, tar & etc. very easily. 2.Cleans & washes your car. 3.Gives a Super Great shine and protects from rust. (just in case you have a beater car) It does all these steps at one time. Did you ever see a rusted, faded paint fire truck?? I also own a '85 Riviera and the paint job is excellent! drawback..It has a strong odor when applying. They do sell odorless kerosene! Just my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts