Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, looks like I am getting a new transmission under warranty, and was thinking of getting a JHT flywheel and having my dealer install it while they were doing the x-mission. Does anyone in SoCal (the closer to Diego the better) have either that or a Nismo flywheel, and would you be willing to take me for a spin? I want to see what the noise is like and how much the driveability is affected.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I've been driving light weight flywheels for years. When it comes time to changing the clutch in the Z.. it'll get one too.

It's all up to the driver. So you are doing the right thing by wanting a ride. But don't take anyone's negative (or positive) comments as gospel. It's up to you. and your abilities.

I love them.. It's an easy way to rev quicker.

I'll most likely go ORC, Exedy or maybe the Tilton.

here is a video of the tilton:
http://www.fairladyz33.com/temp/RevAfter.avi

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, my choices are probably going to be limited by what my dealer sells, so I can get hooked up on labor. I'm pretty sure they have the Nismo and the JWT, and the nismo is heavier and more expensive, and neither comes with any real warranty (like Nismo S stuff), so the JWT is leading so far.

Any other major considerations besides the weight of the thing?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
ChroMo versus Aluminum w/ steel ring gear.

IMO, most of the lightened flywheels would be close to the same (either weight or effect).. except maybe the smaller diameter and uber light Tilton setups.

You'll be happy with any of them over the fat stock version. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts