Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Anyone In Melb Want To Meet?

3K views 67 replies 11 participants last post by  Lemanz 
#1 ·
Hi guys, since im looking to buy a Z, id like to meet up with anyone thats interested to talk shop and we can have a bit of a go with my C43 as well. I read DavidMs post of his run with a C32 and that he was quicker. I find that hard to believe since we're talking a car a good second quicker over the 1/4, but nonetheless would love to see how the Z's perform. I think the C43 is a pretty quick car, so if the Z's quicker still, thatll be all the convincing i need

Would have to be a week night

Is anyone keen?

#2 ·
I read DavidMs post of his run with a C32 and that he was quicker. I find that hard to believe since we're talking a car a good second quicker over the 1/4, but nonetheless would love to see how the Z's perform.

I would not say that I was quicker. I was ahead as the C32 just did not have the same initial 'jump' as the Zed. Though once we were moving it was pretty much even from what I remember. I would have thought that over 140kph the C32 would be quicker, but I'm only quessing as we did not get that high.

I was certainly expecting the C32 tro be a lot quicker than me, and from what I experienced I'd say that my father's HSV R8 is a quicker car ... not sure how/why. Again, that is bellow 130kph.

we can have a bit of a go with my C43 as well

That's got about 225kW and weights around 1570kg ... is that right? That should be a pretty quick car. If you're willing to to come to my end of the town (ie. around Southland or Chady) then I certainly don't mind giving the C43 a run. Weeknings are perfect for me.

#7 ·
hahahaha David

im afraid the 55 will just be too depressing, that thing is just unbelievable off the line, it even whipped my friends $$$ built MY98 WRX that does a hgh 11 1/4

i dont mind coming to Chady if u guys can assure me theres somewhere we can go and have some fun w/out the police being an issue

db350z, did u buy your TE37s from Aus, if so may i ask where and how much for?

That rim suits the Z so well

A little off topic, but what kind of suspension are u guys running. I had such issues with my 156 getting road worthy coz of the ride height i want to fit height adjustable coil-overs this time

#8 ·
hahahaha David. im afraid the 55 will just be too depressing, that thing is just unbelievable off the line, it even whipped my friends $$$ built MY98 WRX that does a hgh 11 1/4

It's be nice change to run a car that actually beats me ;-) Plus I'd be interested in seeing what that kind of gap in performance looks like.

i dont mind coming to Chady if u guys can assure me theres somewhere we can go and have some fun w/out the police being an issue

Chady is good ... good place to sit down and grab a coffe and I also know a place about 15min drive from there.

A little off topic, but what kind of suspension are u guys running.

I have the Whiteline springs and that's about it for the moment.

#9 ·
Sam,

If you want the TE37 Brand new in 19", they are 4400 for a set... I can introduce you to the sole importer if you want!

Also my friend has a set of Tein Flex height/damper adjustable suspension for sale now.... used less than 1 year, then he sold the car... PM me if you really want it!

cheers,

richie

#10 ·
Richie that price is a little high dude

I emailed donnellans, and just got a reply from Paul Donnellan for $595 per wheel

I did state in the email i wanted 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear for a 350Z

Ill give him a call back on Monday to confirm, that sounds too cheap to me

#12 ·
yeah i figured as much David, Donnelans quote was just too low

Guys re this meet up

Hows Monday night sound

We could meet at the bus stop car park on Doncaster Rd, thats pretty central

#13 ·
Hows Monday night sound

I pressume you mean following Monday (ie. 23rd), and not tomorrow?

We could meet at the bus stop car park on Doncaster Rd, thats pretty central

Isn't Doncaster Rd in Doncaster? I'd suggest meeting in Chady carpark next to the cinemas as you can go in and sit down (if you want to) and also I'd hope that everyone can find it.

#16 ·
met too. DavidM. I had my Car repaint. I'm putting on a new wing :p

Plus need to install the Plenum spacers, and still waiting for the Custom Intake tube to be made. then a Re-tune on the Unichip.

I think 23rd should be ok. not sure yet. have to wait and see. Just put myself as maybe.

Btw i bought my wheels of japan site :)

#19 ·
was picturing more of a cruise. what you think?

What do you mean by 'cruise'? Also keep in mind that we are probably all coming from diferent direction. I though that we'd meet and sit down somewhere (ie. Chady) for a chat and then had off to do some 'testing'.

Where did you have in mind for the cruise?

#21 ·
hey fellas! id be interested in joining you guys for a run. i havent as yet met up with people from the forums, especially right here in melbourne, but am looking forward to doing so. only problem is i work night shift. do u think u guys could compremise? just wondering.

cheers

mr350zed

#22 ·
Me too, long time didn't come out for a test or meeting. But my shop close 7:00pm in St. Kilda area, Chaddy would be perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.