Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WRX-club is holding Winton-sprints on the 16th of April. I sent my entry-form in today so I will be there ... anyone from here interested in coming as well? If you have not done one of these before, then this is a good palce to start as it's one of the safest (if not the safest) tracks around, the speeds reached are not that great, and also WRX-club will be prioviding driver-training on the day as well (for those signed up for the 'driver training' that is).

ps. The cost is $110, and you'll need CAMS L2S/AAMS license, extinguisher and helment.

pps. For those interested what Winton looks like from on-board a Zed, have a look here:

1:42.59 Winton lap on board 350Z. (7.2Mb)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I keep putting my hand up and then pulling out due to work and social commitments. I'm busting to get out to the track again! I'll try to make it to this one. Keepin my fingers crossed.

BTW, Have you got an entry form link?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually where can i get the L2S license?

You can either call up CAMS (phone numebrs ar elisted here: http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Contact) and ask them to send you the form, or just download it yourself from here:

http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/competitors/2005/Level2.PDF

Once you got the form then just fill it in and send it back to CAMS who will send you the actual license in about 2 weeks. If you need it earlier then they can provide you with immediate (temporary) license straight away.

So really, all you need to do is fill in the form and part with $85 to obtain it for a year. One condition for getting the L2S license is that you need to be a member of a car-club ... that is any car-club.

ps. Are you interested in coming to Winton?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks david. I think i might come. Will see if i'm not too busy or somesort. Thanks.

Sounds good. It would it be great to see you (and your car) at Winton. Keep me posted (ie. when you send your entry form in etc). Also a few guys are talking about going up the night before and staying somwhere (cheap) overnight so that they do not have to drive up early in the morning from Melbourne. I have not commited myself to that, but I could be tempted if few people I know wiant to do so.

Meanwhile, here's a couple clips that I've posted before from Winton ... it's me from last November:

1:42.47 Winton lap on board 350Z

1:43.67 Winton lap of 350Z from the pit-lane

ps. Not sure if you have an extinguisher in your car, but if not I can point you to the people who fitted it for me, or speak to Daniel (aka Lionking) about a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i have a Fire Extinguisher at the back but don't know how or where to get the item to fitted it lol. But it's ok i can ask Z shop to fitted for me :)

Btw is Winton Close from Bendigo?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Btw is Winton Close from Bendigo?

I am not entirely sure where Bendigo is, but I'm preety sure it's not where Winton is. Winton is down Hume Hwy (ie. in the direction of Sydney) and not too baf from Shepparton. The town right next to Winton is Benella.

i have a Fire Extinguisher at the back but don't know how or where to get the item to fitted it lol.

Mine is fitted behind the passanger seat and that's probably the best place for it (I had it made and fitted by Meridian motorsport in Morabbin). There are some pics of my as well as Lionking's setups in this thread:

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...topic=3066&st=0

Another place where yuu can mount it is in the boot close to the passanger wall as there is already metal base and it does have screw holes where the bracket can be placed. The Motor mag used a setup like that.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Originally posted by db350z@Mar 23 2005, 05:12 AM
i have a Fire Extinguisher at the back but don't know how or where to get the item to fitted it lol. But it's ok i can ask Z shop to fitted for me :)

DavidC actually screwed his FE bracket into the wall behind the passenger seat with self-tapping screws. This seems like a good option as it doesn't require a second bracket to fit under the seat.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Ok thanks for the Option. Hope the place won't intefering the Sat Nav, because i put the machine under the passanger seats :(

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks for the Option. Hope the place won't intefering the Sat Nav, because i put the machine under the passanger seats :(

As long as you're not using any of the area 'behind' the seat, then there should be no problem.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey db350z, did you dign ourself up for Winton? Just wondering if I'm going to see you there.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
not yet i haven't got my Cams LS2 yet. How long does it take to approve anyway?

btw David what class are you going to be? Standard or Driver Training? :p i think i have to be driver training :p or Standard :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not yet i haven't got my Cams LS2 yet. How long does it take to approve anyway?

Generaly speaking a couple of weeks. But that is not a problem, and neither should it stop you from sending your entry-form in. All you have to do is say on the entry form that your CAMS license number is to be announced. You just need the license number on the actual day when you sign-in in the morning.

Also when you apply for the CAMS license then you get a temporary license straight away ... you can use that one while you're waiting for the real one. If you have not got CAMS to send you the forms then call them and ask them for the temporary license (which normaly comes with the forms).

Either way send your entry-form in to WRX-club ASAP and work on the CAMS license after.

btw David what class are you going to be? Standard or Driver Training? :p i think i have to be driver training :p or Standard

I'm in the 'associate' class, but you should sign-up for the driver-training. It will probably end up that after a couple sessions they'll put you in the 'associate' one of the standard classes anyway.

Give me a call if you need help with anything or got some questions.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey db350z, you are listed as one of the starters at Winton ... did you sign up for the driver-training? If so, I'll speak to a few officials and maybe they'll let you out with me after a session or so.

Also do you know how to get to Winton? If you like you can come with me as I'm driving there on Saturday morning (early).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
what is the starter means? i didn't put a Driver-Training. i didn't know where to put, i guess i should have put on the Model'Vehicle Class? Where i put as a Coupe in the Class lol. i think i do know how to go to winton. sure do David i what time you leaving? is it only you and me that going there?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what is the starter means?

Sorry for the confusion ... it just means that you have a spot registered and they are expecting you on Saturday at Winton. That's all.

i didn't put a Driver-Training.

Probably not really a problem as you can say that you're after some driver training once you're there and signing up in the morning (that's if you want driver-training).

i think i do know how to go to winton. sure do David i what time you leaving?

It's pretty simple, I get onto Hume Hwy and then drive all the way to Benella where I fill up before going to the track. Anyway, we need to have the cars scruteneered at Winton before 8:45am so we want to be there at 8:15 - 8:30am. That means that you/we want to be in the city (ie. freeway) at around 6:20am as it will take about 2 hours from there (including fill-up).

Where will you be coming from?

...is it only you and me that going there?

As far as going up to Winton - yes, just you and me. Some poeple I know are going up on Friday evening whyile others are making their own way up. Still, as far as I know you and me are the only 350Zs that will be there.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome ... looks like we'll have three 350Zs there. For anyone who has not been to Witnon here some info in the track:

- Top speed reached is on the main straight and 160 - 175kph.

- Most cornners are 2nd gear corners, but the quickest corner you can enter at close to 140kph.

- Anyone who has not been there and gets bellow 2min lap-time is doing OK. Though, 1:50 is a realistic target it you know what you're doing. Just for a reference a fiend in a WRX went there recently and managed 1:53 as his best time, and a friend in a ~160kW Astra Turbo managed 1:51. Also a friend in an S15 200SX managed 1:50 on his 1st visit and my 1st time there with the S2000 returned 1:48 time. After a few visits I managed to get the S2000 into 1:44s and anything bellow 1:45 is quick.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts