It was a pretty poor day at Sandown today so the ones who were going to come but didn't, it probably was a good thing. To start of they had 95 people there while I'd consider 70 is already too many so the proceedings were very slow. Then there were cars going off on regular basis and pausing the proceedings for 1/2 an hour at the time. An F360CS ended up in the wall in the 1st session (on the 1st lap) and even during my 1st session I got only 4 laps (instead of 8) as a car clipped the wall and they red-flagged it.
It was really about 1pm when I got my 1st proper run and that was the only 'timed' run that I got as just before my 2nd run the rain came and washed the track out. I did not go out again as there was no point for me as I'd be at least 20secs of my pace and if you would come off then more than likely you would hit something.
So within my 4 flying-laps I managed 1:30.05 time which is not bad, but over a second of my best from the time I was there last time. Hard to say what times I would have managed after another 20 or so flying laps of the track, but I was chasing my best of 1:28.9.
Some cars got more laps before the rain, and some stayed during the wetness and 'till it dried again. Here are some other cars/times of interest from the day:
- R33 GTR (heavily worked & R-spec tyres) = 1:18.x
- F360CS (competition car on R-spec tyres) = 1:22.x
- Mitsubishi GTO (heavily worked & R-spec tyres) = 1:22.3
- 911 GT3 (R-spec tyres) = 1:24.x
- Commodore SS (worked, supension mods & R-spec tyres) = 1:28.3
- EVO8 (rollcage, exhaust, supension mods & R-spec tyres) = 1:28.4
- MX5 (supension mods, R-spec tyres) = 1:36.8
- 350Z Track (road tyres) = 1:48.x
- S2000 (Road tyres) = 1:54.xx
ps. Yes, there was another 350Z, but I have no idea who it was, and certainly not from here.