Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Anyone for Calder off street drags?

5K views 85 replies 9 participants last post by  lionking 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about going to Calder again one of these days. I'm thinking of going later this month, or sometimes in January and hopefully the track will be drippier so we can get good 60' times.

So is anyone interested in going? If so, then we can plan it properly and set a date. Not sure if everyone is aware, but they happen every Friday night from 6pm onwards.

#3 ·
David - don't expect great time in the heat of summer. A hot bright day does not necessarily mean a grippier track.

If you look at the pros, they prefer to race in the very late afternoon / early evening and preferably when there is cloud cover - not sure if it is track related or humidity related or temperature related or combination of all three.

Enjoy the day though - I'd join you if I lived in Vic, but with the low speeding tolerance down there, I'm glad I live in NSW.

#7 ·
David - that first pic is great. I love the focus on the rear and the blurred front.
BTW, I'm very interested to see just how well the TT goes down the 1/4 mile. Hopefully the evening is cool to get the best out of the turbos.
What psi do you have the TT set at now?

#8 ·
KY350

It's still set for arouund 7psi giving 270/280rwkw which is about all my stock clutch can take if I treat it gently, at the moment it's holding up but after Xmas a new Twin Carbon Plate jobie will be fitted, probally the Exedy they have better support in Aus.

Cheers

#9 ·
You must have the patience of a saint to treat your clutch gently with that much power on tap!!! I would be tempted to try a little clutch riding at higher rpms at traffic light take offs as well as fast gear changes when racing.
Twin plate clutch will obviously take the higher output of your motor, but will it be a lot stiffer and I'm guessing that the new clutch will loose some of the progresiveness of the stock clutch.

#11 ·
Yeah, david, confirm the day and let me know, i m interested

Yun, when u going oversea?

Btw, i m going to fit the Motec M800 in my GTR, anyone want my eo1 boost controllor and microtech?

#12 ·
Originally posted by db350z@Dec 4 2004, 04:57 AM
David i think you can do both Clucth and Lighten Flywheel on the same time :)

Yes, my exceedy twin plate also come with lighten flywheel :smiley69:

#13 ·
Yeah, david, confirm the day and let me know, i m interested

OK, so we have at least a couple people interested so far. As far as date goes, we can do it before Christmas, which (I think) will suit most people better. So howabout 17th of December... that's in 2 weeks. After that 7th of January is probably the earliest date that'd be convenient. Does anyone have a preference?

and Lighten Flywheel on the same time

Aren't all of them too noisy? I was thinking about lighter flywheel at one stage as the 350Z's OME is not matched to quick gear-changes. Though I gave up once I saw everyone mentioning the noise/vibrations.

#15 ·
Yap, 17 dec sound good to me,

"DavidM i don't think David C care much now :p" I guess the only issue will be he has to get another permit from his wife.

#19 ·
lionking

Just a temporary shift in the 1/4 mile king.

DavidM

I can't make the 17th it's my work Christmas party that night, sorry.

Happy for it to be early in the new year, except for the 3rd - 10th Feb as I'm doing the Tassie Targa with the car club.

Cheers

#22 ·
7th January is ok for me too. I want to see how's the David's new APS TT kit on the 1/4 mile. I don't think we can keep up at all :(

#23 ·
7th January is ok for me too.

OK, if everyone is OK with the 7th of Jan, then that is the day we'll aim at.

I want to see how's the David's new APS TT kit on the 1/4 mile. I don't think we can keep up at all :(

Yeah, I'm interested as well, and I don't think there's any question about 'keeping up' .... the TT should (and by all means is) in a totaly different leauge.

#25 ·
I am trying to see if we can have the in-field car park as last time. No promisses yet, but if we can have it then maybe some of you guys might want to organize a BBQ there ... I do recall LemanZ mentioning a BBQ a while back ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.