Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts
Discussion starter · #81 ·
The slip for LK vs TT is up.

I've updated the details for the videos with all the information that I got (ie. the info from the timeslips).

.. drag monsters. That was a funny clip. He was like David Copperfield doin a vanishing act!

Yeah, I thought that was funny too ... was it a different car that you lined up? Afetrall, this 10sec thing I lined up had to be one of the quicker things there.

David, thank for the videos link and it looks great. I can now notice I did a bit burn out for the one I drag against you. What program you use to compress the AVI file to a small file like that?

Discussion starter · #83 ·
What program you use to compress the AVI file to a small file like that?

I just use Window's 'Movie Maker' ... nice and simple to use and handy for chopping up clips into segments.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
hey guys i heard there is a 350z totaled on calders, i don't know when but it recent. Hoping it wasn't one of you guys.

Nah, there were no 'incidents' of any kind while we were there. I can't see how someone could total a road-car while doing the 400m runs ... maybe in the wet aqmnd even then the only way I can picture it is to either aquaplane or to cause a serious compression lock-up (and spinning the car out). Still even then it would most likely go straight along the track (ie. in the direction of the momentum).

Maybe it happened during Calder sprints (ie. track lapping) ... do you know any more details? Like what happend, and what kind of damage we're looking at? I can imagine somone hitting a wall on the entry to main straight, and I've even heard of people whacking it into the wall when they get on the straight (ie. compression lock-up).

81 - 86 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.