Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts
what you guys will bring for BBQ?

Discussion starter · #62 ·
Here's some info for people who did not come to Calder last time:

When you get there say that you're there with the Nissan Sports Car Club and and that your name is on the list. They'll have a list there and if yo they'll tick your name off. That will get you in for $45 and also will get you a special number that will allow you onto the in-field (ie. on the other side of the track. You get there by going in the same way as every one else, but use the 'emergency lane' to get to the front and then the marshalls will wave you through to the other side.

Also, for anyone who does not know, it'll take you good 15mins to get onto the track as you need to get scruteneered and some forms filled in. Just follow the traffic and you'll do fine ... just remember that you need to 'schedule' the time scrutennering time into evening.

ps. Don't forget a helmet and proper clothing!!

what you guys will bring for BBQ?

I just bought 4 2L bottles of soft-drinks and also will bring some sosagges and bread. Though, not enough for everyone (maybe enough for 4 people). If anyone has (or can get) disposable cups, can you bring them as I forgot to get them?

I managed one run before the rain shut us down. It happened to be against the twin turbo. Please disregard all the INSIGNIFICANT numbers like ET's and TS's - Not Important!!. Just check out the bottom line.

Sorry DavidC - I COULDN'T RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #64 ·
It was good to see everyone at Calder ... we had 4 350Zs there and each was different. ie:
- 350Z Track Manual
- 350Z Track TT Manual
- 350Z Auto
- 350Z Roadster Auto

The conditions were pretty poor, to start of there was very strong head wind, and no grip. Then it was followed by some showers, and then when things were starting to look up (ie. straight after LK had his run), it started to rain again and even more and they closed up the track. Still, it was fun to be there, get some runs, and also have a BBQ. Thanks DavidC for bringing it!!

Anyway, to the times - I got 6 runs all up, one did not register, and two (ie. 1st two) I stuffed up with missed shifts. Best time for the night for me was 14.430sec @ 157.4kph (60' time = 2.305). So 0.4sec off my best from last time and still slower than my worst run on that day.

I could not get the car off the line cleanly and my last run of the night yealded 2.606 sec 60' time ... that was just as the 1st shower started. Interestingly that was run against LemanZ's Roadster auto (with the roof down) who managed 2.226 sec 60' time on that run. He also had a better reaction time so he had good 2 - 3 car-lengths lead on me by the time I shifted to 1st gear. It took me practicaly all of the run to chase him down and pass him even though it looked like I was noticably quicker once I got some grip. I was 0.38sec down at 60', 0.12sec down at 660' (ie. 1/2 way), 0.05sec up at 400m. By that stage I had a 10kph speed advantage ... shame LemanZ did not get a chance to run with the roof up.

Also I had a run against DaveC's TT and on that run he out-reacted me, out-launched me, and then steadily pulled away for the whole run ... looked like he was 8 (or so) car-lengths ahead at 400m mark. So unlike LK, I did not manage to beat him :)

We also had an Astra Turbo with Unichip there and he managed best run of 14.98sec @ 150kph pass. Also we had the XR6 that came last time and he was down on his time and managed 15.5sec pass at around the same time when LK had his run. Until then he was in high 15s and could not get bellow 15.7sec.

ps. I took some footage at tonights drags, so I'll have a look at it when I get a chance and if there's anything worthwhile then I'll post it here.

Was a fun night even though I didn't get more than one run. I had been thinkin about tryin some different shift points to try to shave some time. My only run wasn't that great but with conditions improving (momentarily) it would have been nice to have a few attempts.

Finally got to meet LeGirlZ. (rumor has it he's havin a party soon with some hookers and naked dancin' girls) :clap: I was really lookin forward to some quick times from DavidC but in fairness he really struggled with traction and possibly a slipping clutch. So much power for the stock clutch to deal with. :irock: I believe that car will easily be able to cut another second or so. And still the best lookin one out there.

A few of us stayed on at the end havin a good chat till we got kicked out by the gatekeeper. We met the manager of the track and I was lucky enough to get an offer of free entry next time because I only got one run.

All in all a good night. Thanks DavidC for the BBQ and DavidM for organising.

Last night was distaster for me, I was expecting to go into the 12's but unfortunately the clutch is officially stuffed, it's time to install the twin carbon baby and try again some other day. The only problem is getting one quickly and installing it in time for my Targa Tassie trip with the NDSCOC (car club) on the 3rd Feb, here hoping luck is on my side for once.

Even with a stuffed clutch ( slipping all the way in 3rd and 4th) I did manage a 13.8 on the 2 run which is crap, a good 1.5 seconds off what the car is capable of fully fit and yes the run against LK was embarrassing, I was having to nurse the car off the line and it took the full 1/4 mile to run him down, check my terminal speed 109mph also my crap 60' time, I'll have my day I have no doubt and he who laughs last, laughs the longest. :soapbox:

Everyone seem to have a good time and it was great to catch up with all the guys. :shiftdrive:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Yes, last nite was fun, just I don't have a chance to run with the TOP UP. But for sure AUTO can manage better "off the line" than the 6MT. Maybe put in a twin turbo onto the Auto will get much better time down the end of the 400m.

Please note that we are not 100%AUTO, we are 5MT/AT, when I put into 5MT mode, if I can make the shift close to 7000rpm, by the end of 400m should be in 3rd gear. which the 6MT will be in 4th gear.

I think with the top down will create more wind force inside the car, with the strong head wind that's why I only can get 92-93mph cross the line and the other can get 97-98 even 100 mph. I should have close the roof in the 2nd run.

But it is all fun and I m very enjoy. I m hoping can do some "GREAT OCEAN ROAD CURISE" for all Melbourne member would be good. :clap:

haha, funny thing for girls is that girls can out launch the boys all the time, not sure about the boys!! Maybe the boys have to consider trade in their boy for a real girl. j/k.

Yeah, for sure DavidC's TT will do much better if he have some slickly tyres. At the end he can manage to get 107mph, still it is a bit slow for 280kw, but he should do better next time.

Too bad about the lousy weather and track condition. Unfortunately, you don't get much meaningful info from bad weather days like this at the drags.
However, it was interesting to see that the 350's had it all over the chipped Astra and XR6 (was this a Turbo?).

Gary my last run against Daniel (LK) my terminal speed was 109.5mph with slipping clutch and my best 60' that night was 2.29s (2.14s LK) which is not bad for a non girlie car with thorn hammies (slipping clutch).

Cheers

Discussion starter · #73 ·
last run against Daniel (LK) my terminal speed was 109.5kph...

That's 109.5mph (not kph) ... much better that the previous runs. whatever you did on that run seemed to have worked a lot better. Maybe not dumping the clutch off the line made it last (and stick) for the remaining of the run?

ps. 109.5mph = 176.3kph. Which means that when you finaly passed Daniel (just past the finish line), you passed him at almost 18kph (as his speed at that moment was 158.6kph). Or if you look at it differently, zero to 180kph in ~14sec.

Originally posted by ZTRACK@Jan 15 2005, 04:41 PM
Last night was distaster for me, I was expecting to go into the 12's but unfortunately the clutch is officially stuffed, it's time to install the twin carbon baby and try again some other day. .

Hi David, Shame that the clutch has given up the ghost though that's to be expected with very high torque and with the 1/4 mile track work, time for a decent twin plate clutch. :thumbsup:

Get the clutch well sorted and the quater mile will be very rewarding, you can expect very low 12's at around 115 mph give me a call if you need a hand with the clutch. :dance:

Thanks

Peter

106.5mph = 171.4km/h

Discussion starter · #77 ·
DavidM, 176.3 kph is more like 110 mph, I think that's right.

That was supposed to be 109.5mph = 176.3kph ... as that is the trap-speed that DaveC managed in his TT 350Z. I tried to correct his typo, and put in one of my own. Original post is not fixed.

Originally posted by DavidM@Jan 16 2005, 05:00 PM
DavidM, 176.3 kph is more like 110 mph, I think that's right.

That was supposed to be 109.5mph = 176.3kph ... as that is the trap-speed that DaveC managed in his TT 350Z. I tried to correct his typo, and put in one of my own. Original post is not fixed.

Thanks David all makes sense now. :thumbsup:

Peter

Discussion starter · #79 ·
I got the footage from Calder onto the computer so for anyone interested you can get all the clips here:

- Watch me get totaly whopped by an old 10sec Holden:
. Details (left vs right):
. RT = 0.776 vs 1.665
. 60' = 1.360 vs 2.378
. 660' = 6.735 @ 102.50mph vs 10.041 @ 72.93mph
. 1320' = 10.398 @ 136.86mph vs 15.258 @ 96.06mph
. Right 1st 5.759
350Z+hiTech vs 10sec Holden (3.8Mb)

- Me and LemanZ in the Roadster lined up. He has an auto:
. RT = 1.071 vs 1.217
. 60' = 2.226 vs 2.606
. 660' = 9.644 @ 73.15mph vs 9.760 @ 77.65mph
. 1320' = 14.979 @ 92.67mph vs 14.781 @ 98.58mph
. Right 1st 0.052
350Z+hiTech vs 350Z Roadster Auto+hiTech (2.7Mb)

- Me and Ztrack (in his 350Z TT) lined up:
. RT = 1.858 vs 1.382
. 60' = 2.467 vs 2.340
. 660' = 9.776 @ 77.21mph vs 9.210 @ 82.78mph
. 1320' = 14.799 @ 97.61mph vs 13.911 @ 102.89mph
. Right 1st 1.364
350Z+hiTech vs 350Z+APS TT (2.1Mb)

- Me and Astra Turbo with Unichip lined up:
. RT = 1.147 vs 1.458
. 60' = 2.413 vs 2.305
. 660' = 9.726 @ 75.14mph vs 9.415 @ 77.97mph
. 1320' = 14.949 @ 93.59mph vs 14.430 @ 97.78mph
. Right 1st 0.198
350Z+hiTech vs Astra Turbo+Unchip (2.9Mb)

- Ztrack (in his 350Z TT) and a Prelude lined up:
350Z+APS TT vs Prelude (4.6Mb)

- Ztrack (in his 350Z TT) and a LemanZ in the Roadster lined up. LemanZ has an auto:
350Z+APS TT vs 350Z Roadster Auto+hiTech (2.0Mb)

- Ztrack (in his 350Z TT) and a Lionking lined up. Lionking has an auto.
. RT = 0.767 vs 0.996
. 60' = 2.144 vs 2.590
. 660' = 9.166 @ 77.63mph vs 9.398 @ 83.67mph
. 1320' = 14.191 @ 98.51mph vs 13.977 @ 109.52mph
. Left 1st 0.015
350Z+APS TT vs 350Z Auto (1.0Mb)

- XR6 and a Astra Turbo lined up. XR6 is an auto, and it's not the turbo:
XR6 Auto vs Astra Turbo (2.7Mb)

Sorry that you can't see the times in the clips, but they are prommising that they'll have the boards fixed by Easter. Though, we do have the time-slips for all these runs, so I'll post them with the clips when I get home. Can you guys post the slips (ie. just the info on them) for the runs that don't have me in it (as I don't have those slips ... of course)?

Originally posted by DavidM@Jan 17 2005, 08:57 PM
Can you guys post the slips (ie. just the info on them) for the runs that don't have me in it (as I don't have those slips ... of course)?

The slip for LK vs TT is up. I can't remember who crossed the line first??? Hmmmm..... :rolleyes:

Hey DavidM, I'm glad you didn't get me against one of those drag monsters. That was a funny clip. He was like David Copperfield doin a vanishing act!

Thanks for posting the vids.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.