Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts
7th January is ok for me too. I want to see how's the David's new APS TT kit on the 1/4 mile. I don't think we can keep up at all :(

Discussion starter · #23 ·
7th January is ok for me too.

OK, if everyone is OK with the 7th of Jan, then that is the day we'll aim at.

I want to see how's the David's new APS TT kit on the 1/4 mile. I don't think we can keep up at all :(

Yeah, I'm interested as well, and I don't think there's any question about 'keeping up' .... the TT should (and by all means is) in a totaly different leauge.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I am trying to see if we can have the in-field car park as last time. No promisses yet, but if we can have it then maybe some of you guys might want to organize a BBQ there ... I do recall LemanZ mentioning a BBQ a while back ;-)

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Check with Matty he maybe able to help us there, also the NDSOC is advertising this night on their website.

Matty is the one who suggested that he'll give Calder a ring for us and try and organize the 'infield' parking. Originaly I just wanted to know who to speak to at Calder, but he offered to help.

Also, I did mentioned to him to invite any NDSCOC members if they're interested in coming on the 7th. Though, I could not find any reference on the NDSOC site.

lionking, do you think this time we have any chance to win the 6mt Track again?

DavidM, I think the idea of BBQ is cool, we can drag a bit and BBQ to wait until the car cool down.

DavidC, I think your TTZ should be in the class of TTGTR now :starwars:, maybe next time I bring my TTGTR when the Motec is in.

Originally posted by LemanZ@Dec 16 2004, 07:11 AM
lionking, do you think this time we have any chance to win the 6mt Track again?

Yeah,
Consistent 13.8's - 13.9's no problem. Would be good to drop another 2 hundredths and get a 13.7

BUUUUT no way get into the 12's with Ztrack. After all, we're driving girly cars. :shiftdrive:

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Argh crap!! I just found out that Calder is closed over Christmas period and will not re-open 'till 9th of January. That means that there are no off-street drags being held on the 7th January.

Though, they are open the following Friday so how does 14th of January sound for everyone? I've got Matty still looking into getting us an in-field parking.

Originally posted by DavidM@Dec 21 2004, 05:07 PM
Argh crap!! I just found out that Calder is closed over Christmas period and will not re-open 'till 9th of January. That means that there are no off-street drags being held on the 7th January.

Though, they are open the following Friday so how does 14th of January sound for everyone? I've got Matty still looking into getting us an in-field parking.

@#$%^&*@#$%^&*(@#$%^&@#$%^ WORK!!!!!!!!

Discussion starter · #32 ·
@#$%^&*@#$%^&*(@#$%^&@#$%^ WORK!!!!!!!!

lol, are you saying that 14th is no good for you?

btw, if anyone would prefer a different date then post it up here ... afterall, it's really just us organizing it.

I m happy with 14 of January. Yeah, lionking, so r u happy with 14 of January? and how can you launch with your girly car? in what rpm. when I take off from the traffic light, even without launch with the traction control off, the wheels already spin maybe 2 rounds.

Originally posted by ZTRACK@Dec 21 2004, 09:40 PM
lionking

How about you give us a date and will try and work with that, seeing that you are the current 1/4 mile king.

Merry Christmas

Don't wait for me guys. The next Fri I've got off is the 28th of Jan. And that could change at any time. Anyway, I could always try to come down later in the night if someone (besides DavidC) gets into the 13.7's. Oh well, got to pay for the car somehow..... :cry:

LemanZ -
To launch at Calder I just did a short burnout. Staged at approx. 1/2 throttle and leterip on the amber. Got most of my RT's in the .6's. Most 6o's just off 2 secs. Had very little wheelspin - except for the last run which was about 18 and a bit secs. Shift as close to 7000 as possible but DON'T hit the limiter or the tranny will "hang" for a sec or two before goin' into the next gear.

Oh yeah, was runnin' 25psi in the back on 17' 040's

And Merry Christmas to all!

Discussion starter · #37 ·
OK, concidering that LK cannot commit to any particular date (because of the nature of his work), then why don't we plan on the 14th?

LK, considering that try keep on running 'till close to midnight, and I'd say that most of us will be there 'till about 11pm, why not come after you finish? I don't think it sais anywhere that you need to be there at 6pm on the dot.

Originally posted by DavidM@Dec 22 2004, 04:11 PM
OK, concidering that LK cannot commit to any particular date (because of the nature of his work), then why don't we plan on the 14th?

LK, considering that try keep on running 'till close to midnight, and I'd say that most of us will be there 'till about 11pm, why not come after you finish? I don't think it sais anywhere that you need to be there at 6pm on the dot.

Might be able to get there by 8:30-9:00 on the 14th. Will definately try.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
So it's the 14th, what's the status.

Yep 14th it is but no other news since last post. Matty is still trying to get us the in-field parking, but I have not heard from him since Christmas. Will shoot him off an e-mail.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.