Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through a few posts and noticed that the 06 Z's (at least the new track models) have a steering wheel with audio controls next to the cruise control button. Anyone heard of an owner that has switched to this steering wheel? Personally, I think it would have been great had they done that with the original 03-05 Zs. But, it's a great option to have. Anyone know of any price ranges for this mod?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
the issue wont be fitting the steeringwheel but whether the stock 03-05 bose deck will actually accept those audio inputs, it most likely wont recognise it

ive ordered the 06 cruise panel and will give that a go, but i just realised the alu cover has larger openings for the 06 buttons, so im hoping that part gets shipped down as well. I have to take the airbag out and probably remove the whole wheel which im not too keen on

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I like the stereo controls on the steering wheel of my '01 Pathy LE, but I ain't changing wheels, just to get that feature in my Z....especially not for the Blowse...

My P.I.T.A. vs benefits analysis says 'no'.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
that feature in my Z....especially not for the Blowse...

My P.I.T.A. vs benefits analysis says 'no'.
+1...if you upgrade the audio...it may be worth the hassel. The most important feature on the craptacular OE system is the mute buttton...and I think they omitted it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts