Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comparing 0-60 times with my G-Tech with TCS on and off. The tires broke loose and the engine zoomed to the rev limiter and sat there for probably 5 seconds until the tires hooked up. Now it is off song, feels a little low on power and makes a brief detonation rattle on hard acceleration from a stop until the computer quites it down. Kind of like the mixture is wrong in one of the cylinders. Just guessing valve spring. How hard is it to remove the valve covers and see? I'll probably have the dealer do it. :doh:

·
Registered
150 Posts
[/quote]

Sounds more like you bent a valve then damaged a spring, if the spring went the car would be running a **** of a lot worse, very unlikely you damaged the spring, I would say bent valve, bent valves make noise, especially at idle, and reduce compression in whatever cylinder it is hovering over thus reducing power.

·
Registered
150 Posts
[/quote]

Sounds more like you bent a valve then damaged a spring, if the spring went the car would be running a **** of a lot worse, very unlikely you damaged the spring, I would say bent valve, bent valves make noise, especially at idle, and reduce compression in whatever cylinder it is hovering over thus reducing power.
<div align="right">[snapback]80988[/snapback]
[/quote]

I would not check to see if you bent a valve or spring, will be a great deal of work involved and you will not be able to see the valve(s) unless you remove the entire valvetrain let alone the valve covers. If your car is still under warranty your covered for 60k anyway on powertrain crap, bring it to the dealer they will fix for no charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts