Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any way (short of removing the bulbs which is a huge bitch) to shut off the amber side-strip lights in the headlamps. Is there a fuse I could pull?

I dont wanna cut the wires either... unless the only way is for me to install bullet-connectors on either end so I can re-attach whenever I want..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've heard that the orange strip can be removed. I believe Dave079 did it with his. But I doubt if there's any way to manually turn off those amber lights.

Let me see if I can find that thread...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, if you bake the headlights, you can remove the strip, but there's nothing to replace them with. But I'm guessing that too is more work than you were looking to do

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, not exactly what I was doing... see the reason I wanna turn off the bulbs is because I have bats overlays on the headlights, and the amber light bleeds through the sides and corners of the overlays. Kinda looks ugly, IMO. SO I think I'm gonna go with the bullet connectors. I'll probably get around to doin this today sometime..

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I understand what you are asking, but I have no answer.

Let me know your results. Also, I thought that light was the turn signal...?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 1 2004, 10:28 AM
I understand what you are asking, but I have no answer.

Let me know your results. Also, I thought that light was the turn signal...?

Nope, the turn signal blinks only when selected to left, right, or both (hazard lights). The other light does not blink, but stays illuminated when the parking lights or headlights are selected. It illuminates the amber strip on the side of the headlights.

I'm gonna go to radio shack in a few, I'll post pics later

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 1 2004, 11:28 AM
Also, I thought that light was the turn signal...?

Nope. The turn signal is the amber bulb above the headlight bulb

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Are you talking about the bulb that is behind the amber strip b/c it is fairly easily removeable. Just have to jack the car up on one side and remove the inner fender well. You can access all the bulbs form behind there. They just need to be twisted and can be pulled out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts