Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two scratches on the plastic interior of my Z (not the rubber part) that are fairly deep. My wife has two very light scratches in the plastic of her Murano. **** Nissan plastic is more like Mayonaisse in consistency.

But is there ANY good way to fix this other than spending hundreds on new plastic parts??

Please HELP! :banghead:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
for light scratches, i have use a small torch lighter and carefully melted the scratch away... you gotta be VERY carefull doing this, but it does work.. you might find an area that isnt visible and test this method to make sure you are comfortable before jumping into the deep end..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

I thought about that... I will try it on my car first. It couldnt hurt as long as I dont go crazy with it. But it helps to know its workd for someone!

·
Registered
312 Posts
[/quote]

I thought about that... I will try it on my car first. It couldnt hurt as long as I dont go crazy with it. But it helps to know its workd for someone!
<div align="right">[snapback]82973[/snapback]
[/quote]

Try it on the Murano first :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]82973[/snapback]
[/quote]

Try it on the Murano first :)
<div align="right">[snapback]83003[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hehe... well I love my Z, but I love my wife more. Plus her car is newer. So I will be the sacrifice. Hopefully, it wont matter, right?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I'd like to know too....Josh....does it turn out being discolored or making it look flat/glossy like it had been melted??? I have the frost interior....thought of using something like a hot piece of metal and touching it to the plastic...:dunno:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I would try to avoid touching the plastic with anything.. using a lighter allows a litte more control as you can keep the flame far away.. I have never had any discoloring problems and have done it on several colors of plastics including creme/tan. I would suggestion you try this on a non-visible spot first to see if it will work for you and.

It will also depend on how bad the scratches are..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts