Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having my fair share of rock dings and minor scratches (some a$$hole decided to scratch my front bumper in the lot at work with what looks like a trailer hitch), I'm considering getting the Nissan bra to cover up the unsightliness until I return from cruise with enough money to repaint her completely. Any pics of anyone with a bra, especially SS, or your opinions please:)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well she's not SS but here is an OLD pic of my Z w/ the bra on. It is a good investment, if you don't mind taking care of it properly. Should not be left on wet, or put on dirty, you really need the car and the bra to be clean when installing. If left wet, you can risk hazing (which never happened to me but it's possible) BUT it does deflect those rocks. One suggesetion, if you are going to get a radiator cooling panel or an aftermarket grille, you will not be able to use the bra b/c of where the hooks are placed.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Bra is an o-k temporary fix...doubt it will look good on your SS though. Don't know how much $$$ a bra is...but I would consider saving the cost and putting that cash toward repainting the bumper cover.

One thing about the bra...don't let it sit on the car if it rains and then the sun comes out...the trapped moisture can cloud the paint as it evaporates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well this is my first reply, adding to the comments on the bra mine came new with one. Pikes Pike White, after 1500 miles took it off to wash, seems there were 2 black streaks running from the front corner of the headlights which took 1hr with cleaner wax to remove. Also dealership or someone there was trying to cover a dent in the nose with the bra. I took it back and said repair it. Since I have gotten it back unless I am going on a long trip I doubt I will put it back on, to much of a pain in the arse. but it did look good.

Moonpie

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
My car is black so it looks great with the OEM black bra. But obviously there is quite a color contrast for any other color Z.

A fellow car club member of mine runs a business called speedlingerie (www.speedlingerie.com). I was trying to get him to sign up as a 350Z-tech sponsor but I haven't spoken to him recently so I don't know the status. He has a very nice product and does quality work. He says he has all Z colors available. If he ever does decide to post, he was offering a discount to any 350Z-tech members only. His name is Rich - great guy. Here's a sample of his work:

[attachment=18193:sunset_bra.jpg] [attachment=18194:Front_View.jpg]

Cheers, Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
My car is black so it looks great with the OEM black bra. But obviously there is quite a color contrast for any other color Z.

A fellow car club member of mine runs a business called speedlingerie (www.speedlingerie.com). I was trying to get him to sign up as a 350Z-tech sponsor but I haven't spoken to him recently so I don't know the status. He has a very nice product and does quality work. He says he has all Z colors available. If he ever does decide to post, he was offering a discount to any 350Z-tech members only. His name is Rich - great guy. Here's a sample of his work:

[attachment=18193:sunset_bra.jpg] [attachment=18194:Front_View.jpg]
Cheers, Chuck
That is sweet looking! I defentiely want one once he starts selling these!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts