Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I just bought an '03 z from its original owner which bought it in February of 2002. The car has about 20k miles and when I shift (usually 3rd or 4th) there is a grind. Does anyone know of any recalls on the transmission or maybe the syncros need to be fixed?

thanx

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
here's the list of the recalls and TSB LINK
I believe there is no recall for the transmission , but many people had some problems with it , including myself.. I suggest you see your dealership..
good luck..

EDIT : too late , I see Dirn is on the mission !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LBSOHK,

what was the problem w/ your transmission? Did you have to pay anything or was it covered by warranty?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
First time , I noticed a noise coming from the car when I let the clutch out in neutral and it went away once the clutch was pressed in.. after 45 days of investigating and talking to NNA - trasmission was replaced..
Second time , I had some 3rd and 6th gear grind... again replaced , this time pretty quick - I believe it took them 5 days..
third time , I was dumb enough to go to the dealer for a clutch/flywheel swap.. They did the swap ok , but I drove 2 blocks and noticed that there's numerous problems with the car - one of them was the grinding of the gears again.. that time my car spent more than 2 months on their lot - trasmission was replaced..

everything was covered by the warranty... no $ came out of my pocket.. only time lost when I could've been driving my Z..

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
no , they didnt offer it , when I asked , I was told they dont have any...

I really didnt want to make a ruckus , since I have a case against them , so an attitude like that helps me ...

the thing is , if you complaint to the right person , they will give you a rental ..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
When I had my Si in the shop, they didn't want to give me a loaner, but I promised to bring it back that night. I left a message that night asking if I could bring it back the next morning, and then called the next morning and talked to a different person and got him to let me keep it as long as necessary. Haha. It's all about causing confusion

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, the dealership is 35 minutes from my house, and I told the towtruck driver to leave. Then I told the guy I needed the loaner cause I had no way of getting home. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts