Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think you don't need to roll your fenders. I've seen plenty of Skylines AKA G35 with 20's and I dont think most people would be putting 20's on If they had roll their fenders. In fact I have seen the car dealers selling new Z's and G's with 20's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[attachmentid=15361]

Do I need to get fenders rolled?
and how much does that cost?
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/177914774.html

considering buying these... any advice?
i guess this is similar to what it looks like.. anyone have any pics of these on their car?
I've got 20's on my 2006 G35 and I love the look of them. I picked up the Volk GT-C 20 x 8.5 in the front and 20 x 10.5 in the rear with no need to roll the fenders. Tires in the rear are 275/30/20 so the side walls are stretched a bit, buit if iI went to 285's then I would have to roll the fender. You can check out a pic of the car on Hot Import Nights web-site. Under LHANG70

·
Registered
7,998 Posts

Look at the above drawing. As the "Rim Diameter" gets larger, the "Section Height" of a tire gets smaller to compensate, such that the "Overall Diameter" remains constant regardless of the rim height. By going from a 17" to 18" to 19" or even to a 20" rim diameter, the "Overall Diameter" of wheel and tire will be pretty much the same....hence "low profile tires". ;)
When one needs to "roll the fenders", it's because they changed the "Overall Width" of their wheel/tire combination in concert with a change in "Overall Diameter".

Again, understand that changing the "Diameter" of a wheel will generally not affect rubbing because the wheel/tire combo will be the same height. It's when one Effs with the width and offset that rolling fenders comes into play.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have 20"s on my Z and have plenty of room. In fact I am thinking of lowering the car because there is still about a 2 - 3" gap between the wheel and fender.

Actual size is 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 10 on rear. One issue to keep in mind is the fact that you will be running very thin sidewalls on your tires so if you do not buy a wheel that is strong you may bend it up on some potholes. Not sure where your at but Pennsylvania is rough on the dubz. :bling:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know the correct offset for using 19's or 20's on a G35 without rubbing? Set up of: Ive been thinking of getting a set of Volk SF Winning. or IForged Essen. Anyone running this set up? Pics? anyone....hmm?? yes? no?.....
19x9
19x10

20x9
20x10.5

Thanks.
G
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
03' G35 Coupe 6MT /Brembo.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I have 20's on my 350 and I havent had any problems with clearance. I have 275/30/20's on the back and 245/35/20's on the front. I have a 35 offset on the front and 38 on the back. I do know that the gap between my fender tire has decresed quite a bit but still gives enough suspension travel so I dont have any rubbing. I thought about lowering the car like some other people have considered but I dont think that would allow enough suspension travel. If you do run 20's it will make the car less nimble and slightly decrease your acceleration abilities. It will look hot though! Depends on how serious you are about performance. These are minor effects though, it will put the speedo off by about 3% too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you don't need to roll your fenders. I've seen plenty of Skylines AKA G35 with 20's and I dont think most people would be putting 20's on If they had roll their fenders. In fact I have seen the car dealers selling new Z's and G's with 20's.
That's correct I have 20's on my G and did not have to roll the fenders. With the right offset, there is no need. Though I have heard that some cars may need to. I am running 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 10.5 rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts