Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the infinity basslink. I was reading some posts on how some people mounted it where the bose sub went. I don't have the bose system so I was wondering what this would look like and also how it was done.

I read that I would need the bose sub cover or something like that... Any idea where I can get this? Is this the metal bracket that the bose speaker mounts to or something else?

Will the whole cube fit in as is or will I have to mod the basslink?

If someone has a how to or installation pictures of this that would be great!

·
Registered
406 Posts
You'll need to suspend the BassLink in this fashion. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by frankmusic@Jun 14 2005, 01:01 PM
You'll need to suspend the BassLink in this fashion.  :cheers:
[snapback]113996[/snapback]​

Did you put the cover back on to hide the speaker or leave it off?

If you use a cover is this where I would need the speaker one (bose) vs the none bose one to help sound and air?

The speaker is facing the floor right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
785 Posts
calm down! yes that is all you need. The two options on the 350z's interior are FROST and CHARCOAL. Take a wild guess which one is yours and then order it. Why would you need the metal bracket? you are mounting it to the ceeling of your compartment not the front of the compartment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Conceyted@Jun 14 2005, 03:37 PM
calm down! yes that is all you need. The two options on the 350z's interior are FROST and CHARCOAL. Take a wild guess which one is yours and then order it.  Why would you need the metal bracket? you are mounting it to the ceeling of your compartment not the front of the compartment.
[snapback]114142[/snapback]​

I didn't post in all caps... I was just asking... I am at work and passing the time. :)

Anyways, I just got off my lunch break and took a look at that place... I guess I have a metal speaker bracket anyways.

As far as wondering why I would need the bracket... well I wasn't sure if it was what the plastic piece hooked into to keep it in place.

I see on all the installs pics that people took this out. Any easy way of doing this?

It looks like I will have to take all the plastic off on the outside of this to get to the screws. Is there a "how to" for this?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by TSur+Jun 14 2005, 04:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Conceyted
@Jun 14 2005, 03:37 PM
[snapback]114142[/snapback]​

As far as wondering why I would need the bracket... well I wasn't sure if it was what the plastic piece hooked into to keep it in place.

I see on all the installs pics that people took this out. Any easy way of doing this?

It looks like I will have to take all the plastic off on the outside of this to get to the screws. Is there a "how to" for this?

Thank you for your time.
[snapback]114164[/snapback]​

The brackets that you see in the photo are included with the purchase of the BassLink.

Installing the BassLink is quite laborious. It's definitely a tight fit - but it WILL fit in there. If you have plans to attempt this task, you'll need to put some time aside. Inside that cavity you'll see 2 OEM angled spot welded brackets. You MUST remove these two welded brackets. If you don't remove them, the BassLink cabinet will not fit inside.
When I return to my home PC - I can post more pics of this install if you'd like.
:cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The brackets that you see in the photo are included with the purchase of the BassLink.

Installing the BassLink is quite laborious. It's definitely a tight fit - but it WILL fit in there. If you have plans to attempt this task, you'll need to put some time aside. Inside that cavity you'll see 2 OEM angled spot welded brackets. You MUST remove these two welded brackets. If you don't remove them, the BassLink cabinet will not fit inside.
When I return to my home PC - I can post more pics of this install if you'd like.
:cheers:
[snapback]114259[/snapback]​

Please post picks. :) I was hoping to do this myself but maybe I will bring it somewhere? Any idea of the cost to do this from a shop? But what is the fun in that? lol Anyways, thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts