Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm been thinking about getting a set of Springs for the Z. Anyone have any negative experiences with them?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I haven't heard of any :dunno:

I love mine. Better ride, better response, faster in the corners...

No complaints here...install was a PITA though.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
No complaints here.. been using them for almost 2 years (on 2 z's)

Very good investment if you dont plan on getting coilovers.. The ride height is just perfect too.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Does anyone have any pics with these springs installed.
I have a major concern with eibach.
before i bought my z i had a 95 civic, and a 2001 integra.
on both of these cars the front always sat higher than the back.
eibach said something stupid like the body line of the car was even that way.
personally i think either they thought it performed better(but in my opinion did not look better) or didnt want struts blowing out. on my civic i swiched to sprint springs but these hondas never sat right anyway. i finally want with a set of ground control coil overs to make sure the car sat right.
if you guys park your z in the garage with it in gear and no parking brake ON LEVEL GROUND and use a measuring tape, is the right rear the same hieght as the left rear and the front right the same as the front left?

only because i had bad experiences with these springs on hondas.

i dont want to make the same mistake on a 30,000 dollar vehicle.

any insight on this!!!

ive always liked the tire to be flush with the wheelwells on all four corners. though this might not be the best route what do you're rides look like.'

and do any of you have camber kits??

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
none. This is one of the best mods to do (lower). The eibach is a perfect drop:

I have a front camber kit, and need the rear kit, just havent had a chance to do that yet.

[attachmentid=10874]

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Only my opinion -
Eibachs are bad for the following reasons:
1.) Drops the car too much to get within spec without front and rear camber kits
2.) They are progressive spring rates - IMO, this is not desirable. I prefer a linear spring vs a progressive spring. Linear is more predictable and provide a better ride, agan, my preference
3.) the drop is 1.0 pro kit, 1.3 sport kit all around. IMO, the rear drop should be more than the front to provide a more balanced drop.
4.) the drop is so much that I would suggest replacing the absorbers at the same time. You can get a few miles out of the absorbers with the eibachs. The eibachs weren't designed to run with the stock absorbers.

I run eibachs on my other car. The ride is incredably harsh compared to stock. I run hotchkis on my Z and in comparison to stock, the ride is improved. Take that as you will, but I won't buy eibachs ever again.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i love my eibachs and have used them on both of my Z's. I would recommend them. Most of the specs i have seen for the Eibach give a 1.25 rear drop and .85 front drop.

You are correct, a camber kit is needed to get into spec, but the ride height is perfect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love my eibach. Just scared pantless that when I slap on my 19" Racing Hart next week and the body kit in the next 3-4 weeks that I won't be able to drive anywhere without destroying my body kit. To me, it's dropped a little too much, but then again, some people think it didn't drop enough.. Here's pic of my.

·
Registered
728 Posts
What kit are you getting? the wheels will have no impact on clearances/drivability

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
veilside two for the front?!?!?!!?
maybe u need to rethink this one
Ver3 is more acceptable to the eye
but the V2?!?!?!??! FORGET IT

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the Wings West kit and the eibach drop did cause some issues but the drive is so much nicer lower to the ground it was worth it. I also went with stiffer sways both front and rear. :clap:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've had no issues with my Eibachs. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I had a set of those in my Infiniti I30. Good product, but not a good match for a 3800lb car though (progressive isnt good for that kinda application). I had the pro-kit. Well made, fit well, looked good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I'm finally going to order the springs. Will I need anything else with the eibachs like a camber kit or is the drop slight enough that the alignment can be adjusted without it. I've read some people need the kit and some don't.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I dont have a camber kit and the ride is just fine. However the inside of all 4 tires wear prematurely. So I am getting a camber kit with my next set of tires.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts