Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just a quick post to see if you guys are interested in a high quality set of stainless steel headers to suit right hand drive Z cars.

We are in the process of developing headers right now to suit the left hand drive Z car and if there's sufficient interest in RHD headers then maybe we can develop a set of headers for the RHD 350Z, look forward to you input. :cheers:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hey Peter,

Glad to see your still developing stuff for the 350z market.

Is it be possible to make them RHD/LHD independant, meaning they fit both? Like your exhaust manifolds for the TT?

I will be getting some headers but there are some cheap decent looking offerings out at the moment from China, not sure on the gains they produce though.

Im sure yours will be top quality but any idea what sort of price range your thinking of releasing them at, or which brands out at the moment your thinking of competing with?

·
Registered
562 Posts
If they are long tube headers with cats, then I'm interested. Otherwise if they are headers which connect to cats, then I'm not interested. There are some good ones out of china which Murray has already mentioned.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
http://www.supersprint.com/a_prodotti.asp?modello=nis350Z1

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
which headers are you guys talking about from China? I know there are heaps from Japan... but they are quite dear, the one that I am using is from Fujitsubo which is quite reasonbly priced...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by aps@Aug 5 2005, 06:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick post to see if you guys are interested in a high quality set of stainless steel headers to suit right hand drive Z cars.

We are in the process of developing headers right now to suit the left hand drive Z car and if there's sufficient interest in RHD headers then maybe we can develop a set of headers for the RHD 350Z, look forward to you input. :cheers:

Thanks

Peter
[snapback]142359[/snapback]​

**** yes. You make em i'll buy em. I have been looking for good headers for the Z for ages.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Supersprint is made in Italy, who said it wasn't? It's one of the best designed exhausts I've seen, since it's the only one which doesn't sacrifice header length because of the cat location.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I will be interested in headers (and high-flow cats), when my warranty expires.

I've already had a chat with my Nissan dealer about them, and they said any modifications to the exhaust that involves messing about with the O2 sensor (even unplugging it and replugging it) will potentially void engine warranty.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by mchapman+Aug 6 2005, 12:26 PM-->
Hey Peter,

Glad to see your still developing stuff for the 350z market.
Thanks and good to hear from you Murray. :cheers:

Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 12:26 PM
Is it be possible to make them RHD/LHD independant, meaning they fit both? Like your exhaust manifolds for the TT?

That's certainly worth a try, I'm currently testing a set of APS designed stepped headers on my RHD 05 model roadster and If I'm happy with the power results then I need to see if it's possible to make the headers compatible for both right and left hand drive Z cars.

<!--QuoteBegin-mchapman
@Aug 6 2005, 12:26 PM
Im sure yours will be top quality but any idea what sort of price range your thinking of releasing them at, or which brands out at the moment your thinking of competing with?
[snapback]142383[/snapback]​

I don't have a firm idea of price at this time, right now we need to finish the development work first and then work on the cost of production.

What do you guys feel is a fair price for a high quality set of headers to suit the VQ engine?

Thanks

Peter

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Originally posted by aps@Aug 5 2005, 07:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Peter
[snapback]142359[/snapback]​

Peter,

Do you have any R&D pics and some pics of the headers on your vehicle? Also, Do you have a estimated time till production begins. Thank you

Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts