Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Haha...those who cant drift do HPDE and Auto X.
Actually, it is normally the other way around. haha.

Commonly, auto x and "HPDE" guys compete in various types of motor sport. Often I see my Auto X guys on our North Course.

While the "drfter" (if I had to stereotype) only competes in drifting. Rarely do I see any of our "drifters" at other events we host.

Yeah, I hear ya. Mine is a daily driver too. I am 39, so I should have outgrown this by now , guess I started too late.

You are dd'ing your drift car? Do you tow/trailer it to the events or drive it there?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Actually, it is normally the other way around. haha.

Commonly, auto x and "HPDE" guys compete in various types of motor sport. Often I see my Auto X guys on our North Course.

While the "drfter" (if I had to stereotype) only competes in drifting. Rarely do I see any of our "drifters" at other events we host.
You are dd'ing your drift car? Do you tow/trailer it to the events or drive it there?
Haha, yeah. I have done a few HPDE's and learned a ton.

I do drive my car to all the events.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So, anyone drift their Z?
I see that your from Arizona. You should come out to one of our Pro Am events here in Albuquerque.
The next one is on the 22nd of the month. We have guys coming out from Denver and parts of Texas so we would love to see some Arizona peeps.

Here is a link to the Registration: NM Drift Link

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I see that your from Arizona. You should come out to one of our Pro Am events here in Albuquerque.
The next one is on the 22nd of the month. We have guys coming out from Denver and parts of Texas so we would love to see some Arizona peeps.

Right on...one of your guys was up here last weekend for the Phx. event.

I will check it out, thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Looks like the link goes to a page for a past event. Any info on this one?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks like the link goes to a page for a past event. Any info on this one?
I will talk to Gary ( our local Pro with Maxxis tires) and see what the deal is. I know there was some stuff going on with the venue but I was sure that it was straitend out. I'll post up or send you a message on monday or tomorrow when I find out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome. Glad to hear there are some fellow sliders here. That Grand Prix looks like a beast, very cool.

I had an interesting event last weekend...

Snapped a lower control arm in the middle of a 50+mph drift.

Woohooo...nice pic..i drifted my car...guilty as charged, i ruined my flywheel and clutch...and it the initial cost to fix it is about BND 3K. i'm nicer to my baby now... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
az350z, what do you have done for mods?? i am very inetrested in buying a 350z for drift and autox. i was gonna go with the a fully built long block. and the APS TT kit. the car im looking at already has a carbon fibre LSD, and full suspension. plus a sticky race clutch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
az350z, what do you have done for mods?? i am very inetrested in buying a 350z for drift and autox. i was gonna go with the a fully built long block. and the APS TT kit. the car im looking at already has a carbon fibre LSD, and full suspension. plus a sticky race clutch.
Sounds like you have a pretty good setup with that car. The TT kit would be nice, but forged bottom end is a MUST.

I am just a junior baller...I spray a 75 shot which is controlled by my UTEC. I rarely spray in an event since you really dont need more than 280ish to the wheels if the car is light enough.

I am running a pretty inferior suspension...Nismo spring/shock combo with Stillen sways and a custom set of extended tie rods. I do have a 4 pt. cage which makes a big difference.

As far as bolt ons...Injen #1986 CAI, Motordyne spacer, HKS exhaust and Helix test pipes.

I have a Nismo 1.5 way LSD and Kinetix upper control arms also.

I always run Motul 90PA in the diff and would strongly advise you do the same. I use the Redline mix trans fluid and Motul race oil with a JWT pan spacer for an extra quart.

I am saving $$ and begging potential sponsors for a Tein Super Drift coilover setup right now.

I think that about covers it.

Hopefully we can get a drift forum started here...anything else I can answer, just holler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well thats nice to hear. i should have more than enough power for drift.

ive been doing alot of reading. and i see what you mean about the forged bottom end. as i mentioned, i was planning on buying a fully built long block. sleeved and all. i never plan on running more than pump gas. which should be close to 500hp i hope. so i figure if i go overkill on the engine build. then i should never have a problem, so long as i have a good tune.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
well thats nice to hear. i should have more than enough power for drift.

ive been doing alot of reading. and i see what you mean about the forged bottom end. as i mentioned, i was planning on buying a fully built long block. sleeved and all. i never plan on running more than pump gas. which should be close to 500hp i hope. so i figure if i go overkill on the engine build. then i should never have a problem, so long as i have a good tune.
Right on...keep us posted on it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
41 - 60 of 69 Posts