Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ack...how did that happen? I thought the Z was built for the twisties, and figured that included going sideways. :doh:

Good question...like I said it was sliding perfectly around 50mph or so and I just heard a loud boom. came to a stop and this is what I found:

Fortunately, I was only about 10 minutes from my shop and was able to go grab another one and fix it right on the track. Only lost about 90 minutes.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Awesome. Glad to hear there are some fellow sliders here. That Grand Prix looks like a beast, very cool.

I had an interesting event last weekend...
Snapped a lower control arm in the middle of a 50+mph drift.

that sucks. i'm no mechanic, but i'm pretty sure the wheels aren't supposed to go that way. do you have any action shots of you drifting?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Awesome. Glad to hear there are some fellow sliders here. That Grand Prix looks like a beast, very cool.

I had an interesting event last weekend...

Snapped a lower control arm in the middle of a 50+mph drift.

wow.. can't say I've ever done that.. :shiftdrive:

*Guilty of going sideways more often than I probably should..

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Agreed...the question is: does anyone make a better piece? I have looked around and come up with nothing.
I don't know of any other maker. :(

Perhaps it was a simple fluke?? fwiw, in over 2 years of motor sport in the Z (including drifting) I've never encountered any stress on the front suspension like that.

Are you still on the stock suspension?

·
4,328 Posts
Looks like cast Al to me. cast anything is the suck, no matter what the metal.
Actually the stock suspension pieces are indeed forged.

Ronin Z

1 - 20 of 69 Posts