Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to figure out exactly what the differences are between the different model cars. The pinned post in this forum seems to tell me all I need to know. The only question is, have they not changed at all in the last years or what year are they referring to. I am going to buy a 2003 in the VERY near future and I want to make sure that the model I choose will have everything I want. Here is the listing for the car. What do you guys think? He wants $23000 for it.

"2003 Nissan 350z Touring Edition, Orange with orange leather interior, 56k miles, 6 speed manual transmission, Wings West aftermarket body kit, stock 18 inch rims, aftermarket exhaust system that sounds amazing, Injen Cyborg intake system."

The main thing I want to make sure it has is the Viscous LSD, traction control, and VDC. Can you guys verify that the touring edition will have these in 2003? Is there anything that I should be worried about having on it that doesn't come standard on the touring edition? Should I worry that it has so many miles for a 2003 and that it may have been abused since the previous owner had the aftermarket exhaust and intake.

All replies are appreciated as I do not want to make a $23000 mistake.

Thank You

·
Registered
9 Posts
the only things that I can think of between the year is the new ones have more power and a brembo brake package and a few interior additions. Over all what your looking for is in the 03. As far as if he beat on it who knows but I don't think too many people are going to buy a car like this and beat the snot out of it.

If you are able to test drive it I would check to see if the transmission shifts smoothly through all gears up and down. The Z's are known for there transmission problem. I have a new one in mine. another thing is always use the clutch when shifting this car I was told that if you don't you run the chance of locking up the transmission due to the type of synchros they use between the gears.

I hope you have found yourself a great Z that you can drive forever.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Touring has all the options you are looking for.

To be honest I really think they are asking too much. I've seen Track models sell for less. I think you should offer 20K. 23K for that many miles is WAY to high.

Kelly Blue Book on that car is 19,200. Note he does have some options, but mostly ones that add no value to the car. Body kit takes away.

That's if the car is in GOOD shape.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I forgot to mention the best way to find what each model has is the nissan site.

In 2003 here's the differences

base-regular headlights, no TCs/VDC, NO LSD
Enthusiast- Add HIDs, Add Home Link, Add LSD, ADD TCS
Performance-Add 18s and VDC to Ethusiast
Touring-Add leather, Add Bose, Add Auto tranny, 6-speed is an option-w/speed you get 18s (17s on touring 5AT)
Track-No leather, All the same options, ADD, Brembo brakes, add, Light Rays wheels, Add aero kit (i think)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts