Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about getting the anti-roll bar for a while. Whats your impression if you have one. Was it worth it? I realize it sort of depends if you track your Z or not, but what's your impression.

Thanks, Ernie

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hey, you really need to get some!

It's not about going to the track (although having an adjustable bar is good). I have one fitted (Whiteline, Aust company). They are adjustable front and rear and I have both set to as stiff as possible approx 40% over stock on front and approx 110% stiffer at rear over stock. This has dialled out the understeer, car sits flatter in corners and handles much better in the twisty stuff. It's hard to describe but it's like I can now corner like on rails.

It is by far the best bang for your buck IMO!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
The sway bars reduced body roll and the car does track better through turns. I have the Hotchkis sways set on medium/front & soft/rear. The most difficult part of the install was removing the OEM bars.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Okay... first, yes, get sways.... definite noticeable improvement to handling

Second, do some research. That is, read about sways and what they do. Then, check out specs on sways available and see which ones offer the stiffness level you want (in order to see how much stiffer you want your suspension, you must first understand how sways work) and/or adjustability.

The reason I post the second paragraph above is you are not going to find many people on the boards that have tried more than one type of sways on their car. Since virtually all improve handling over stock, everyone will tell you "what I bought is great, buy the same!". Basically, most of the ones you hear about that a lot of people are using, you cannot go wrong with.

For me, I also went with the Hotchkis sways and have them set hard/front and medium/rear. As Buff says, car handles like a slot car now... very tight, predictable cornering.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definately sounds like its worth getting. The only thing I have done with my suspension so far, is just lowered the Z with Eibach springs. I have to upgrade!!

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]

Thanks for the points Andy - I only know of only 1 guy that has tried more than one. (That would be the guy I bought mine from.) DaveH - first set was the Hotchkiss Sways then he decided to get the 350Evo Sways. You may want to hit him up & ask more questions Ernie :thumbsup:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Funny I see this thread the day my stage 1 hotchkis setup shows up to my door. Well, I guess that gives away which ones I went with. I chose hotchkis due to the spring / sway package being the most affordable and best value (imo). Seemed that hotchkis did quite a nice job and I have seen nothing but great reviews on these.

If you do go with hotchkis, make sure you do a quick forum search and order the collars to go with it so they dont shift left and right much. The sways can be bought from GSC Motorsports for 270 shipped and you can get the collars for 38 shipped from McMaster. I ordered my sways and my collars on monday. Recieved the collars Wednesday and the Sways friday all standard ground shipping.

If you go with the setup I have I highly recommend GSC motorsports.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Hotchkis or Eibach...pretty cheap and good quality/performance. I don't think you are going to see too much of a difference between the one's available.

·
Registered
785 Posts
They all work the same!
Some will offer different % increase over stock so you can tune to your liking. If I was in the US I would by Hotchkis as they are best value for $$.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone, I am doing coilovers first and then a camber kit. Finally, the anti-roll bars.

BTW, going with JIC!!! New sponsor!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
[/quote]

HAHA Chris I'm hyjacking your sn lol.
BTW, to everyone else, this isn't Conceyted. I just helped him do the install for his springs and rear sway bar. The sway bar was **** simple. I think it took us longer to go get an allan wrench from Autozone for his clamp collars than it took to remove the old bar and install the new one. Not hard at all and everything went smoothly.

Thanks, and keep moddin'
SupraCharged007 @ TurboSaturns.net <= gotta represent lol J/P

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

sweet....another awesome sponsor. now you need to get the stereo done. you have the show and the go....now you need sound! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/quote]

sweet....another awesome sponsor. now you need to get the stereo done. you have the show and the go....now you need sound! :)
<div align="right">[snapback]90916[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I wish. But I don't know @#$ about stereo systems!!!

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]90919[/snapback]
[/quote]

that's ok....just take it to a reputable shop and say "you see i have the show and go....now create me a custom stereo". i'm sure any reputable shop would love to sponsor you and work on the car. your car is sick....they would be stupid to not want to work on it!

too bad you're not by me....nazar creates some sick stereo systems.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[/quote]

[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]90919[/snapback]
[/quote]

that's ok....just take it to a reputable shop and say "you see i have the show and go....now create me a custom stereo". i'm sure any reputable shop would love to sponsor you and work on the car. your car is sick....they would be stupid to not want to work on it!

too bad you're not by me....nazar creates some sick stereo systems.
<div align="right">[snapback]90922[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, I am moving to CT in 3 weeks!! Where is this place at??

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/quote]

Thanks TOYKILLA, I will probably do my anti-roll kit after my suspension kit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts