Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Kenwood receiver in my Z and was having problems with getting a good radio signal. I could only pick up two local stations. The original Bose got really good reception. I looked at the posts here about antennas and boosters and couldn't find any good solutions so I dug deeper. I got into the wiring diagram and discovered that the antenna had a booster in the system. I wasn't getting any power to it. The wiring adapter that I had (Turbowire) had a blue wire that was supposed to go to the power antenna which I thought meant one that raises and lowers. The antenna wire that plugs into the radio is one of three wires that are molded together. One of the other two had been cut off and taped by the previous owner. It had an aftermarket system in it when I got it. The third wire (grn/wht) was connected to the adapter plug that goes into the radio. That wire was connected to the blue wire that was to go to the antenna but wasn't connected. I connected it to the wire that went to the speaker amp so it would only have power when the radio was turned on. All of a sudden I had great reception. Made my day.
So if you're having reception trouble with an aftermarket receiver make sure your antenna amp is powered.
Lou

1 - 1 of 1 Posts