Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HSCC (ie. Honda Sports Car Club) are going to Winton on the 27th of November. Unlike most club track-days, this one allows passengers in every session so it's a great social day out there. I've been with them at this event for the last 4 - 5 years, and there's always heaps of track time guaranteed and it's a great social thing as you can hop in a car with other people (or take someone with you) ... both great for learning. There's mostly 'nice' cars and everyone is pretty 'gentlemanly' on the track.

You still need CAMS L2S (or AASA) license, extinguisher and a helmet. There will probably be only about 40 -50 cars (with a 60 car limit) and the cost is $140 (and $20 for people who just come to passenger). I have not commited myself to this one yet as I'm booked for DECA on 19/11/05, and want to go the PI on the 11/12/05. Though, if there's interest then who knows ... also if someone wants to go and would like some pointers then I'm sure I can be persuaded to come ;-)

Entry form is bellow:

Entry form for Winton 27/11/2005 with HSCC

ps. Here's some footage that was taken when I was there last year:

on board lap of Winton 14/11/04 (7.13Mb)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This Winton event is coming up pretty fast (ie. 4 weeks), so just seeing what inetrest there is for it? I know that Iggy will be there, but that's about it for the moment.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like there's also be an EVO8 and 993 Porsche. Also looks like I may be able to borrow a lap-timer there so I'm looking more and more likely to be there.

Noone else wants to come? This is a good chance to go for a ride with people in other cars at the track, and also to take passengers to your hearts content.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who is Definetly Going. I'm 50-50 atm deciding going or not. :p

I'd like to know the same thing, but I have already filled in my form and will be sending it either today or tomorrow. So I'll be there. Iggy sounded definate, but would like to hear him confirm.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've been thinkin' about it. I'd definately be there except for my brakes. Gotta do somethin about them before I go to the track again. Last time at Winton I had to drive home 2 hours with no back brakes. The fronts are just hangin on. Plus I don't have the confidence to go hard on the track. On every I corner I keep thinkin' "is this gonna be the one where I fly off the end of the track??!!" After ridin with DavidM I realised just how much harder you can brake with the Brembos without trashing them.
If I can get some racing pads that fit I might be up for it. I'm not too keen on custom fitted pads as my back ones are still rattling. Will have to get onto race brakes to see what I can get for the fronts.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I can get some racing pads that fit I might be up for it. I'm not too keen on custom fitted pads as my back ones are still rattling. Will have to get onto race brakes to see what I can get for the fronts.

Would be good to have ytou there Daniel.

Do give Racebrakes a call as I'm sure they must have had experience with getting pads for the Touring 350Z. I don't see any reason why even the Touring brakes can't perform well on the track if you have Dot5.1 brake fluid and some decent pads all around. Detail your problems to them and see what they have to say.

btw, when I had the OME pads and fluid in the S2000 I hated the brakes on it. I could not get any confidence in them and everytime I went to the track I literally destroyed them. Racebrakes sorted out the pads/fluid for me and since then I was happy with the S2000's brakes. The Comp6 pads were good, but then I went to RB74s which were even better. Yun has the BR74s on his Zed so maybe he can chime in and let us know how he found them in the Zed at Sandown?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try calling Bill Yelland on 0423 616 094 ... he should be able to help you Yun.

ps. I sent my form in yesterday.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you coming Daniel?

Also if anyone wants to drive up together on Sunday morning then let me know.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would LOVE to go but I still haven't done anything about the brakes...gotta say no.

Erm ... ytou have whole day tommorrow and Saturday ;-) If you call, and book your car in, then you can have all your brakes and fluid done in about 2 hours.

ps. For anyone else thingking about coming, whehter it is to drive or spectate, I highly recommend this event as there will not be another event like this for the rest of the year. That is an event where you can paseenger (or take passengers) in every single session. Excellent to see what other cars are like, how other people drive, or to just get pointers.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes i will come with you david

Hey Yun, same meeting place as usual? Kings Way, the petrol station right before the freeway entrance (and on the same side)? How's 6:30am? Looks like just you and me are meeting up so we should try and be on time as we don't want to be late ... I'll aim to be there before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.