Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, just got my 2003 track model about a month ago and I noticed when i went to plug in my radar detector the only outlet was the one in the middle of the driver and passenger on the back wall, so as you can tell I have this huge cord seperating us...is there another outlet somewhere Im just not seeing thats closer to the radio or around there?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
2004 they added one to the front passenger side, but 2003 you are out of luck.. I will be doing a tutorial on how to hard wire a radar detector soon.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I will be doing a tutorial on how to hard wire a radar detector soon.
Eagerly awaiting that. :yourock:

Do you own the V1?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Congrats on the sweeet ride. And welcome. :welcome:

Alternative: Passport Solo - battery.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Like these guys said only the one outlet. There are some pretty slick stealth hardwire installs though that are definitely worth looking in to.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i am sure u can get it wired into the rearview mirror like jinxxy was saying. That is how I have mine. Its pretty cool bc u cant see any wiring. goodluck

·
Registered
481 Posts
Never seen a family website like that before . . . I felt like I was hiding in thier bushes watching them. Strange.

Pics are great but does anyone have written instructions for hardwire install of a V1. I was looking on the V1 website, they said you can use normal phone line for routing power, which I'm assuming your going to need at least 5 or 6 feet to run it from the mirror to the power outlet between the seats. They also said you would need an adapter to crimp the connections, and you can find it at your local electronics store.

Anyone have any info.
Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts