Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a short note from a new member. I picked up my '05 Enthusiast about a month ago and I certainly made the right decision. Unfortunately, I'm off on an extended trip right now, so my wife gets to drive the car.

This is an excellent site. My previous ride was a 1998 BMW. There are several excellent BMW sites, and this one compares favorably with all of them.

Like most of you, I'm already working on a list of mods. My general order is Safety, Reliability, Handling, and finally Peformance. I've spent at least one weekend a year for the last several years at Watkins Glen with the BMW Car Club, and I intend to keep that up with my Z. Hence, the order for my mods. My first mod, before I ever track the car, will be a harness bar and 4- or 5-point belts. After that, we'll see where my research takes me. I've certainly seen several excellent ideas on this site.

Karlh
05 Enthusiast 6MT, Chrome Silver

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
YOU LET YOUR WIFE DRIVE YOUR Z???!!!

Back away from your computer.

Put your hands behind your back.

Kneel down and repeat after me: "I will never - ever - let this happen again." (about 200 times) :rolf2:

Another Beemer convert. Yes, my brother. It's good to have you with us. Thank God you saw the light.

Post pics asap.

(I used to run Lime Rock back when Paul Newman had brown hair.)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:wavey: We like this site, too! Welcome and be sure to stick around, post pics, and feel free to comment or ask questions.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: The Wife.

Don't put her down. While she's no Janet Guthrie (don't get me started on Danica Patrick), she's pretty smooth with a stick. Like me, she forgets sometimes that there's a 6th gear. She drove my bimmer when I was on these extended trips with no problems.

karlh

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:welcome: to the site!

I'm sure you'll find tons of information here about safety on the track. Take a look around and feel free to ask questions! :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts