Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW-club are holding a DECA day on the 10th of July. They are taking only the first 30 entries so there should be plenty of skid-pan time for anyone who signs up ... about 5x as much as what was available with the HSV-club.

Though the downside is that it'll cost $100 for non-members (and $90 for members).

If anyone is interested in expanding their DECA experience then this is a good event to enter as this one is billed more as 'driver training'. That means that there will be driving instructors available to hop in a car with you and give you some tuition. Also the day will start with some relatively simple exercises to come to grips with the basic concepts of car-control on the limit.

Here's the entry form for anyone interested:
DECA 10/07/2005 entry form

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
should get a nice car turnout there

i showd my dad the videos u posted of the last Deca, he was smiling ear to ear

we dont track any of our cars, but he's interested in the Deca events

might give this one a miss though

ive decided to go for the Fuji exhaust, and im going to be a scrooge until i saved up

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if anyone coming i'll go again :p

I'm signing up my sister to go so we'll be both there. I'm thinking about volunteering as an instructor on the day. So if you're interested in going, then I'll be more than happy to do the 'instructing' for you. Come to think of it, if there's more than one Zed coming I'm sure I could do the 'instructing' for the lot of you ... considering that I know the Zed pretty well, I don't think they'll object.

So, if oneone is interested in going, then let me know ASAP so that I can organize the instructing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
hey david! ill be very much interested in going to the next deca event. since i missed on the last one, i wouldnt want to miss this opportunity again. im down if you guys are going. the videos from the last deca you guys went to were awesome.

cheers
owen

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill be very much interested in going to the next deca event. since i missed on the last one, i wouldnt want to miss this opportunity again.

The link to the entry form is in the 1st post so just print it out, fill it in and mail it.

BTW owen i think you need to organise your CAMS license too

You don't need one for the DECA day. You don't even need a helment.

Though, it's good to have a CAMS license for (other) CAMS sancioned trackdays.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...maybe it's for different club

I might have mentioned before that WRX clib went to DECA with the Skyline club today, and for that CAMS license/equiplment was required. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...so will i need to apply for cams or not?? or just incase?

No, not for this event.

Though, as I said before, if you're planning on coming onto the track at some stage too, then you might as well get the CAMS license organized when you get the chance as you will need it then.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I sent an entry form for my sister so we'll be there with the CV8-R.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you sent by post and Cheque?

Yep, I put the entry-slip and a check in a letter and mailed it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
if im reading the form correctly, deca's driving training is at shepparton? thats like an hours drive from melbourne isnt it?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if im reading the form correctly, deca's driving training is at shepparton? thats like an hours drive from melbourne isnt it?

Yep, 2 hours from the city. Last time we met on Kings Way at 6:30am, and at 8:30am we were parked in the DECA facility. Shame there's not a facility like that closer, but that's the best we've got.

·
Registered
125 Posts
dave, yun...im not sure now if ill make it to deca at shepparton. ive already sent in my application for cams and am still contemplating if i should go or not. so at the moment i havent sent in my form and cheque as yet. i wish distance wasnt an issue with this event. and also i work sundays so this could be difficult....

cheers
owen

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Owen,
It's a decision you need to make, but I highly recomend taking the car to DECA beofre you take it to the track. Here you learn/see what the car does when it's over the limit at low speeds. That way you'll be prepared to what it will feel like on the track when you get to that kind of situation. Also as I mentioned before, I'll be more than happy to give you guys some pointers as it's possible that I'll be doing some of the instructing.

Also if you're planning to go to the track then the best local one is Winton, and that's about 1/2 an hour further than DECA. So driving for 2 - 2.5 hours for things like this is not unusual in Melbourne. Sandown is the only trace that is on our door-steps. Phillip island is about 1 hour away, but I would not send you there unless you've been to Winton and Sandown before ... not because it's not a a fun track, but because the average speed there is around 160kph, and therefore there's a lot more risk involved.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be helping out with the driver-training/instructing on the day so whoever books themselves in stands a good chance of getting me in the car with them. I'll be more than happy to share any knowledge/expereince that I have with the 350Z.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts