Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it happened again. Sometime on Friday night or Saturday morning I picked up another nail in my tire. Six weeks ago I had a bolt go through the sidewall of the driver's side rear. This time, it was the same tire, in the same location. So, in two months I have had to buy two brand new Toyo T1-S tires ($275 each shipped) to replace popped tires with only ~500 miles on them.

Needless to say, I am really, really, really pissed off. For that price, I could have had brand new Koni shocks. Or upper A-Arms. Instead, I am replacing tires that are brand new.

And yes, the streets in Cleveland suck. In two years of owning a Z, I have picked up 10 bolts and screws. Contractors drive around all the time with crap spilling out of there pick-ups and I pay the price. I mean, WTF!?!?! Once I had to dodge 8 PVC pipes falling out of someones pick-up, AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS!

Needless to say, I am getting the road hazard protection this time. And, I am going to city council with my two blown tires. Hopefully, I can convince them to crack down on the idiots with uncovered beds. Oh, and maybe sweep the streets.

To make matters worse, I may not be able to go racing this weekend. My tire shop does not know if they can get another T1-S instock by Friday. Toyo discontinued them and they are being replaced with the T1-R. Of course my other three tires are brand new T1-Ss, so I want to keep my matching set.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
:doh: :doh: :doh: That totally sucks Hunter, you'd expect that out of PITTSBURGH streets! :headshake: I know what you mean about uncovered trucks, those assholes are all around, I have started carrying a camera in the car w/ me................let me get behind one again and I'll be emailing the dmv or cops or someone w/ the info. Nice pic of license plate and infraction should help. I hope you can get the tire before Sunday :cry: I was looking forward to another Z being out there on the track w/ me!!!!!! :shiftdrive: And weather is lookin good too................I'll let you use one of lucy's wheels for your runs how bout that :wink:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mmmm...loaner wheels. That sounds familiar. That last time I had some spirit driving was at Zdayz on Bill's 17" rims. I was on loaners then because my vendor screwed up my wheel and tire order.

Well, hopefully I will make it just fine. I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I feel your pain. Do what Kenny suggested. I've had 3 tires replaced, 2 at the cost of Nissan. I ended up buying 2 new rears anyway.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I feel your pain. I bought a new '04 Volvo V70 last year. A week later, a nail. No road hazard. Was I happy? Uh-uh.

Wnen I bought these Toyo's - I got the road hazard. Hang in there, man. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE

I just heard from my wheel guy. He was able to find a T1-S and it is already mounted and ready to go. That is why I use this guy...he works miracles. So, I will be able to got racing this weekend.

Too bad I am still out $330 with the tire and install and everything.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, the tires are back on. Unfortunately, my tire guy could not find a T1-S as they have been discontinued. So, I have three T1-S tires and 1 new T1-R. The tread patterns on the shoulders is different, but not by much. I cannot tell a difference is the driving at all. If I understand correctly, all T1-R have reinforced sidewalls where the T1-S had this on only some sizes. I THINK that all T1-S 245/35 and 274/35 had reinforced sidewalls.

I will know the true performance after my track session this Sunday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts