Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was reading through some past posts and putting weight in the back of the Z (i.e. sand bags, cat litter, etc.) came up quite a bit. Is this safe to do? Will the extra weight, if carried for a month or two, negatively affect the suspension or other Z components? I did indeed buy two 30 lb bags of cat litter (someone on another forum topic suggested this...I guess it aids with traction if one were to get stuck), but is 60 lbs sufficient? Too much? I just thought some of the Z stalwarts on this site would be able to answer my question!

It just snowed in my area of Indiana, so I am doing all that I can to help with winter driving.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Take a look at the bottom of my Wiki page! you will find a writeup on my home grown solution that is cheap safe and does not take up the precious storage area in your hatch area!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.....

I think I might opt to store it for the harsher winter months (actually, Indiana isnt that bad) and just take the bus. We have a reliable bus system here, and it can get me everywhere I need to go. Again, I am sure the cat litter bags will help enough. Thanks again....

And Jezzy's "weight system" is pretty clever...I love the White Z coler. It does the Z justice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts