Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, my mate Damian of Final Inspection came over today to give my car another detail

It had been 5 months since my last detail having applied Zaino, and i was starting to get swirls and light scratches from regular washing. But because Zaino is so strong, i couldnt give the car a light cut by hand because it just wouldnt penetrate the Zaino wax. So my aim this time was to remove the swirls, and apply a high quality carnauba. This way i could cut the car by hand as i see swirls and then simply wipe the carnauba back on again.

I decided on P21S, it came second in the GuruReport just behind Zaino, and is quite cheap at AUD $50 a tub through Final Inspection. You apply it sparingly just like Zaino, so a tub will last more than a year with regular waxing. There is no chalky residue either, you just wipe on and immediately wipe off.......a **** load easier and quicker than Zaino

Damian used Menzerna Final Polish to remove the swirls, so ill be using that by hand now as a swirl remover

Check out the pics, P21S is slightly more glossy, and the reflection is just as good as Zaino imo. It wont last as long as Zaino, but i will able to maintain the same finish now, and just reapply the wax every month, it takes max 10mins to apply and remove

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
beautiful man! :thumbsup:

I only wish it was warm enough here.

Oh, and I see you acquired some Zaino down under. You PM'd me last spring and asked me if I could get some for you.. I'm glad you ended up with some!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man

yeah i was able to order it through my mate, but i wont be using it anymore. Ill use their leathe cleaner and conditioner, and the clay bar, but thats about it

i cant use the Z6/Z8 because its a synthetic quick detailer, so instead ill be using Pinnacle Crystal Mist

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Holy moly.... that car does shine Sam!!! Always love the look on your car... one word... BEAUTIFUL.... as always!

Keep it up man!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Sam can u let us know the list of Product you using to make those shines? :)

If possible with the link where you can get them :)

Thanks
yun

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Five months between detail sessions...shame on you> j/k

Your Z is dripping shine...outstanding combination of products and a great result. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Looks great, You got to love the reflections.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sam can u let us know the list of Product you using to make those shines? :)

If possible with the link where you can get them :)

Thanks
yun
Yun the car was prepared with Menzerna Final Polish on a rotary

Then waxed with P21S

Call my mate at Final Inspection. He's a distributor for zaino, p21s, pinnacle, menzerna, and is cheaper than eclipsedetailing and wax it. PM me if u want his number

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
its been long since u did another zaino . true
but i gota admit the shine is just awesome

i have a question

i use Z8 grand finale, and it seems like everytime i add it, the car smudges rather than getting it glossy

why is that?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Nice job, man!

The temperatures got down to 78 F. so I decided to Zaino her down with a couple of layers, and then used Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal. Interesting and very easy to use product (Z-8). I think it actually made my SS look brighter and the shine is scrumptulescent as usuall :).

That shine really makes many of us wish we had SB.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i have a question

i use Z8 grand finale, and it seems like everytime i add it, the car smudges rather than getting it glossy

why is that?
Do you leave the Z-8 on for a while? You have to spray and wipe right off. Can this be it?

I just used Z-8 for the first time this Sat. and did not experience any smudginess. I placed a layer of Z-5, followed by Z-2 (both with ZFX), and then applied Z-8.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Do you leave the Z-8 on for a while? You have to spray and wipe right off. Can this be it?

I just used Z-8 for the first time this Sat. and did not experience any smudginess. I placed a layer of Z-5, followed by Z-2 (both with ZFX), and then applied Z-8.
no i wipe it right off

i also follow the same steps u use

weird

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
no i wipe it right off

i also follow the same steps u use

weird
Did you shake the bottle vigorously prior to use?

:werd:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
yup

i dont know if humid weather has anything to do with it, its very humid here in Miami

it doesnt leave a clear shine, it leaves a haze that doesnt loook pleasant at all

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that shine is pure P21S, the Menzerna polish removed all the Zaino that was remaining on the paint

re the Z8 smearing, thats a common problem. Try watering it down with some destilled water

1 - 20 of 27 Posts