Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a simple way to get rid of the "beep" that sounds when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door? (No, please don't say "remove the key" - chuckle)

Annoys the **** out of me!!

cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
352 Posts
Coatsie, this was the second thing I did.

The first was to fix the stereo changing volume all the time, that really gave me the shits.

Sorry I can't help you in actually fixing it as I just got the Nisshit bloke to do it when I had the car serviced. It can be done though.

While I'm on it , you know what else shits me?

You can't wind the windows up without the car being on!

As always

H

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Ah, but you can roll the windows up w/o the car being on! If you actually use your door key, turn it to the right and keep it there. It will roll up both windows while you are standing there with the key in the door.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks Smoothy, that's a great help!

Every other car I've owned you can turn the car off and push the window up button and the winodw goes up. When I drive into my garage I turn the car off, windows up, get out and shut the door and lock the car. I don't want to be standing there putting the key back in.

****, even in my wifes shitty Commodore you can wind the windows up (and down) after the ignition has been turned off.

Sorry about the thread jack Coatsie!

As always

H

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Come to think about it, my van allows me to roll the windows up for the next 15 seconds or so after I turn off the ignition. Unless I open the door...

As for the Z and the garage, I usually pull in with the windows rolled up because I don't want any exhaust fumes getting in the car, no matter how minute. :wink: :doh:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Only thing you can do about the ding is to turn the key to the next level before the start part and it will go off.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The first was to fix the stereo changing volume all the time, that really gave me the shits.

How did you do that? I'd like to have that thing removed as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Harry. My cars due for a service in a couple of months and will get it removed then.

Dave: Tried rotating the key to just before "ignition" but the beep continued. Maybe another difference between Aussie and US cars for whatever reason.

cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think you can still roll up or down the windows after you turn off the car, but you have 45 seconds to do so. I read it on my "10 things you need to know about your Z"

·
Registered
235 Posts
GOTTA GO GET ME HEART PILLS -

D I D Y A S E E T H A T B U M ?

Is that you, juanjo-z ?

WTF's cincinatti? I'm on me way.

FRIZZLE

:bow:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Definately cannot wind the windows up or down after the key is removed on my car and I suspect on all Aussie Z's. We got cheated again by Nissan AUS!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
BTW I was being facetious! Do you really think I don't know how my car windows work after nearly 2 years.

Shizzle, cincinatti is in Ohio US of A.

As always

H

·
Registered
352 Posts
I wasn't having a shot at you Jelly!

It cracks me up when the yanks see a new post in the new post section and don't realise half the time the post is in the Oz forum.

As we have found out, there are certain aspects of our car that are quite different to theirs.

I'm over it now but does Juanjo really think I don't know how my own windows work? I'm sure he was only trying to help though.

As always

H

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Back on topic, I have not done this mod, but I believe I know how to go about it. The beep is controlled by the switch at the base of the drivers side door. However, there are several functions tied to this switch - including the window auto-up (when you close the door the window seals tighter) and the alarm. So, if you could isolate which wires go to the speaker for the BEEP, then you could close the circuit and cancel the BEEP.

However, the beeping doesnt bother me enough to take apart my Z. So I'll leave that up to you guys ;)

G'luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Folks

Had some good laughs!

I'll follow Harry's lead and get Nissan to cancel the beep.

Thanks and cheers
coatsie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts