Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now its time to let the fun begin. Target is ultimately 350whp. I had planned on keeping her NISMO but I don't think with all the NISMO parts in the world that I"ll be able to achieve that. I would like to keep her NA, but cost is an issue. Not exactly sure what my grand total to play with will be. I'll be headed to the tax-free zone this summer, so im looking at about 4-6k in play money when it's all said and done. Any suggestions on how to get there. BTW, anything voiding ye old warranty will be put off till next year. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Well, noone has reached 300whp without forced induction yet... so good luck getting to 350whp. :cheers:

Your best bet to reach that kind of power is either a single turbo or a supercharger. Even then, you might be looking around more than $6k play money. It's not cheap to run with the big boys. :headshake:

A Turbonetics single turbo kit would run you about $5k and with proper tuning could have you in the 400whp range. Tuning is key though; you don't want your motor giving out on you.

G

·
:rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2:
Sorry but you want 350 RWHP and you want to keep the warranty and you dont want to go FI?
:rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
:lol: Nismo definitely won't help you get there. Honestly I don't see 350whp NA happening, at least not any time soon and not for that kind of $$. Your best bet like Buddy said will probably be a ST or supercharger. I'd start saving for FI if you want those numbers..

...that is, of course, unless you use a ridiculous correction factor on the dyno :eek:hsnap: :hide2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
i dont think anyone has even came close to 350 whp with NA Car... Ur best bet is Nitrous, Super charger, or TT.. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
IMHO, to hit 350whp, you would have to do some engine work, such as cams and port and polish the heads. Considering if you are going to go that far, you may as well just finish it up with the rest of the engine or just save the money and go straight for something Forced Induction.

·
Registered
100 Posts
This could end up being an interesting discussion...

Chrisb808.... I'm wondering...why did you choose 350hp as a target?

More specifically, what are your actual goals for the car? What is the purpose for the build? Street car fun? Dual-duty daily driver and weekend racer? 1/4 mile competition?

Do you plan to run in formal events at all? Autocrosses? Road-course events? Or just a fast, fun car for the street?

Are you budgeting suspension and braking mods into the grand total? If not, you should consider it...you something to slow the car down and keep it on the road while the 350hp are working.

It always raises a little flag when I see someone set their goal as a "power output" rather than an actual usage. If you're true goal is only to produce and experience 350hp, then go nitrous.

If you are worried about nitrous because of danger to your motor, then you've now added a "goal": reliability. Now you consider how much compromise in reliability you are willing to accept... and so on.

Let us know what your actual usage goals are. Then this will get fun. :)

Cheers,
-Smoky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts