Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

An easy bypass of the ABS, VDC, etc....

14K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jimz350 
#1 ·
I switch my pads from street to race for track days....I coach with HOD HPDE's.... and HATE when the ABS kicks in to easy with track pads. I haven't tried it yet but, I was told you can unplug the grey wire in the brake compartment (in the engine bay) and it will eliminate all the electronic nannies from the brake and handling system. My Z is at the shop to fix a camber issue (think I hit a rumble strip too hard at the track) but when I get it back I am going to give this a go.
Someone else give it shot in the meantime and post the results. This is HUGE for we track junkies if it works :irock:

#2 ·
Unplug the ABS unit, and it kills the ABS/TCS (and your speedo and odo). I already do this. Bear in mind I have no idea what it does to the EBD, so I'm not sure how good it would be to do. You may have a really bad brake bias as a result, but not one I've noticed commuting.

On the TCS-only models if you pop open the brake compartment cover, in the corner where the ABS motor sits there's a big plug. It's not just a single wire, but a big rectangular plug. It has a lever to lock the plug into place, and putting that lever into the unlocked position is all you need to do. It plugs into the black thing at the top of this ABS pump:

On the VDC models there are 2/3 plugs going into the unit, so your required actions may vary.

#3 ·
QUOTE (scathing @ Apr 28 2009, 05:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=574434
Unplug the ABS unit, and it kills the ABS/TCS (and your speedo and odo). I already do this. Bear in mind I have no idea what it does to the EBD, so I'm not sure how good it would be to do. You may have a really bad brake bias as a result, but not one I've noticed commuting.

On the TCS-only models if you pop open the brake compartment cover, in the corner where the ABS motor sits there's a big plug. It's not just a single wire, but a big rectangular plug. It has a lever to lock the plug into place, and putting that lever into the unlocked position is all you need to do. It plugs into the black thing at the top of this ABS pump:

On the VDC models there are 2/3 plugs going into the unit, so your required actions may vary.

Good input...thanks. I am going to play around with this once I get my car back. Anybody else out there have an opinion???

#4 ·
OK...I tried this out and it works very well. Just unplug the connector running to the aluminum block with all of the brake lines going into and this will bypass ABS, VDC, and SLIP only. Nothing else is elminated or is out of wack.....use some caution and the tires will now lock up under full brake. Dash light come on (ABS, VDC off, SLIP) however when the wire is plugged in and the key off for 15 secs everything is reset. My Z is an 03 touring with virtually nothing stock for suspension, brakes or power. Give it try for yourself.- Jim

#5 ·
QUOTE (JimZ350 @ Apr 29 2009, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=574504
OK...I tried this out and it works very well. Just unplug the connector running to the aluminum block with all of the brake lines going into and this will bypass ABS, VDC, and SLIP only. Nothing else is elminated or is out of wack.....
Your speedo and odo still work?

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.