Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to install my new alpine amp and type r sub and I was wondering....If I put the amp in the cubby where the old bose sub use to be will my amp over heat? Does anyone have a better solution of where to put my amp? any insight would be greatly appreciated! :helpsmilie: :newbie:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
what is the sub/amp combination? power? ohms? it will all affect the temperature. Many people put amps there without any problems

·
Registered
655 Posts
I just had my amp installed under the passenger seat. There's enough room and clearance but it also has a cooling fan so I'm not really concerned. So far so good.

I know someone who has 2 amps in the cubby behind the driver and he's had no issues.

The only location to cause problems is inside the glovebox behind the passenger seat. That location heats up and doesn't get much airflow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its an alpine mrd 301 running 350watts rms @ 2 ohms to one alpine type r 10" sub

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Running at 2ohms will make it run hotter than at 4 ohms. But i cant tell you how hot it will get. Alpine is generally good quality. I think you will be fine in that location.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts