Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My amp is stashed away in the glove compartment behind the passenger seat. Eventually I plan on moving it to the compartment behind the driver's seat. Anyways, I have a fan I purchased from Sounds Great blowing on the amp to keep it cool, but I think it's about to cut out on me.

Can I use a CPU fan to cool the amp? If so, can I just tap it into the remote wire for the power like I currently have?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I'd run two fans, one blowing in and the other as an exhaust. I wouldn't run them off the remote wire. I'd put a relay back there and run power from the power wire on the amp and use the amp's remote turn-on to turn on the relay.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd run two fans, one blowing in and the other as an exhaust. I wouldn't run them off the remote wire. I'd put a relay back there and run power from the power wire on the amp and use the amp's remote turn-on to turn on the relay.

What's going to be the easist way to attach 4 guage wire to a relay?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
What's going to be the easist way to attach 4 guage wire to a relay?
Just run a 16ga. wire from the amp's power lug to the relay. Connect to the relay with a female spade. Do the same with the remote turn-on lead.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
My amp is stashed away in the glove compartment behind the passenger seat. Eventually I plan on moving it to the compartment behind the driver's seat. Anyways, I have a fan I purchased from Sounds Great blowing on the amp to keep it cool, but I think it's about to cut out on me.

Can I use a CPU fan to cool the amp? If so, can I just tap it into the remote wire for the power like I currently have?

Thanks!
I have two amps in the Driver's side compartment. I purchased a 12vt fan (about 4" dia) from Radio Shack. Have it hooked up so it turns on when temp gets hot .. forget what temp but around 80° I think .. haven't had any probs with overheating .. but did cut an opening in the cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts