Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to do an amp bypass? I am trying to do this, as suggested by the tech at tweeter so that I can use my Blose speakers with my new HU. He said just take the speaker wires going into the amp and splice them with the speakers coming out for a straight connection.

One problem: The wires aren't labeled and are different colors than what comes out at the HU end.

So.....does anyone have a list of the wire colors and which speakers they are? Can anyone write something up to help me accomplish this? Thanks. You guys/girls rock!

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK, The amp is located in the rear hatch. Here's acouple of pics so you know what it should look like after you've spliced all the wires. NOTE: DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE WIRE COLOURS IN THE WIRING DIAGRAM THEY MAY BE WRONG. To make sure you're splicing the right wires you have to go by the pin numbers. The hole job took me about 1.5 hours and I'm no stereo installer.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pic 2

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wiring Diagram 1. Just make sure you get everything right in your own head before you charge off and start work LOL. And if you need any more tips, give us a yell

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Part 2

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Part 3

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Last one. Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I have to do is splice the speaker wires, yes? Everything else can just stay untouched right? I do not have navigation.

And also, my cuts should be: coming in -> cut closer to the amp
coming out -> cut closer to where the
wire starts to go back towards the HU

Does this all sound right? I don't want to screw anything up that can't be fixed without tons of cash!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
297 Posts
All I have to do is splice the speaker wires, yes? Everything else can just stay untouched right? I do not have navigation.

Correct

And also, my cuts should be: coming in -> cut closer to the amp
coming out -> cut closer to where the
wire starts to go back towards the HU

No, All my splicing was done close to the old amp (make sure you don't plug the wiring back into the amp when you're finished) as you can probably see by all the loops in the grey wires which I used for my loops.

Give us a yell if you need any assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts