Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't condone racing on the street etc etc...but i'm a racing fanatic from birth. So I don't do these things on a regular basis, due to my job :banghead: But when I was a teenager..I had 2 Z28 Cameros...and you couldn't drive down the street without someone wanting to mess with ya.

So anyway, My wife, 2 dogs, and I were driving back from NC yesterday. We were in our 3.5 SE Altima and on I-40 coming into Nashville. This area of I-40 is 4 lanes and there was NO traffic..approx 2230 hrs. Well as I was cruising in the far left lane at my usual 81 mph...I noticed a late 90's model VW Jetta next to us as we passed him. He had the column indiglow gauges, exhaust stuff, wheels, yellow beam headlights etc..it was basically a poor mans Euro job. So anyway, as I passed him I noticed he **** near took my rear bumper off as he whipped behind me. Now I had been driving for 5 hours and didn't have to time to mess with some teen driving his new hobby. BUT, I said f*ck it. I looked over at my wife and said, honey do you want to have some fun? She by this time was already smiling and petting our dogs in the backseat.

I pulled to the number 2 lane to go around a car and I noticed the jetta pulled over to the lane beside me. He then crawled up beside our car to my front right wheel. So....I honked my horn 3 times slowly and punched it. My car lept up to 110 in no time and the Jetta was a good 4 car lengths back before I let off. Now mind you there was NO traffic...so I felt I did this in a safe manner and for not longer than 10 seconds. The guy was cool about it..he pulled up and we gave eachother a thumbs up, I asked if he wanted another run and he declined waving his hand. I have to admit, it was fun.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Sweet. I wonder if he knew what he was up against. :wink: The 3.5 is nothing to sneeze at...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts