Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got word of a new Alpine head unit with Ipod software integrated as well as full bluetooth compatibility. It's exactly what I've been waiting for and is expected out sometime this Feb. I've been experimenting with those fm transmitters for the ipod in the meantime, but I've had better luck selling snow to an Eskimo. Has anyone had any experience with bluetooth working well in the z? I'm thinking it may be a little hard to hear when accelerating but it comes with the territory i guess.
Also I just wanted to add that I had a remote starter installed for christmas and it works awesome, especially on those miserably cold mornings. I'm a big fan :irock:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
i currently have an Alpine 9835 with xm and iPod - all works great and could not ask for more. I have a bluetooth headset for my cell phone and it works great. The reason I beleieve that things are fine for me is that it is a higher end headset and the quaility is good, so my advice would be to purchase a good headset it makes a difference on noise cancellation from the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just got word of a new Alpine head unit with Ipod software integrated as well as full bluetooth compatibility. It's exactly what I've been waiting for and is expected out sometime this Feb. I've been experimenting with those fm transmitters for the ipod in the meantime, but I've had better luck selling snow to an Eskimo. Has anyone had any experience with bluetooth working well in the z? I'm thinking it may be a little hard to hear when accelerating but it comes with the territory i guess.
Also I just wanted to add that I had a remote starter installed for christmas and it works awesome, especially on those miserably cold mornings. I'm a big fan :irock:
any news on this?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i currently have an Alpine 9835 with xm and iPod - all works great and could not ask for more. I have a bluetooth headset for my cell phone and it works great. The reason I beleieve that things are fine for me is that it is a higher end headset and the quaility is good, so my advice would be to purchase a good headset it makes a difference on noise cancellation from the car.
how are the ipod controls? On the Kenwood, they suck! There is so much LAG and browsing is a joke.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, I'm going in soon to get the unit installed. It took them awhile to come out but the guy keeps telling me its worth the wait so I'll post it asap.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dude, that's so pimpish. I don't know wether to get that, the bluetooth, and some speakers. Or just get the Alpine IVA-W200. D'oh, i'm torn!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude, that's so pimpish. I don't know wether to get that, the bluetooth, and some speakers. Or just get the Alpine IVA-W200. D'oh, i'm torn!
Thanks man,
That Alpine IVA-W200 looks sweet, I like the touchscreen alot. I think it would still take the same bluetooth adapter that I just put in. If you end up doing it keep me posted, I'd like to see the outcome and be jealous.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks man,
That Alpine IVA-W200 looks sweet, I like the touchscreen alot. I think it would still take the same bluetooth adapter that I just put in. If you end up doing it keep me posted, I'd like to see the outcome and be jealous.
Looks great!
Does this Alpine unit have a remote? I want to also interface my steering wheel controls to the HU and will have to add a PAC switch interface unit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great!
Does this Alpine unit have a remote? I want to also interface my steering wheel controls to the HU and will have to add a PAC switch interface unit.
Looks like the IVA-W200 is Steering Wheel Remote Ready. It has the specs here...

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/prod...0&lang=en&tab=F

It's at the bottom left under general, I think that's what you're lookin for

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ended up buying the Alpine DVA-9861. I think having a DVD full of MP3 is hot! Hotter than a Cambodian crackwhore during happy hour! Mmmmm... happy hour.... I also bought some Infinity Kappa speakers and tweeters. I spent 800 for everything. Which is nice because I was going to get the Alpine IVA-W200, but i''m scared of someone steeling my holy sheite! 800 for just the IVA-W200 or buy a HU and some speaks for the same price. Hmmm, i pick door number two!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks great!

Looks like the IVA-W200 is Steering Wheel Remote Ready. It has the specs here...

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/prod...0&lang=en&tab=F

It's at the bottom left under general, I think that's what you're lookin for
Yep, all of the recent Alpine HU have that universal steering control interface. Sucky thing is, you still have to purchase one more thing. Dang those guys are good at selling you stuff!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts