Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to purchase the 9835 this week and the radio shop asked me a question I could not answer. I am not replacing the stock speakers/sub at this time and the shop was curious how Bose was powering the sub?

any info anyone can contribute is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx, that is what i was hoping for.

·
Registered
138 Posts
In the coupe the amp is behind the sub. You'll probably need to replace the sub if you're going NON-Bose since they use a funny wiring pattern and the sub is like 1 or 1 ohm.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beer goggles - explain in more detail since I am not an audiophile and have really no idea the wiring nor powering of the sub. the installer told me that he might need to do some cut/splice but was most concerned how the sub was powered?

will the alpine overpower the stock sub?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just puchased the Alpine CDR-9835, now I have to decide if I want XM or Sirrus.

Anyone have either one? good/bad on each?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I got XM just because they have Opie and Anthony. Sirius has Stern who is outdated and kinda sucks now. Besides that I dont think that there is much of a difference.

I have the 9833 and I love it. I sure you will feel the same about the 9835

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great to hear, I went with the 35 so i can plug several AI interface items into it - mostly XM, iPod and my Motorola phone via Btooth or via harness.

the only disappointing part is I have a Frost interior with the dark silver carbon center console and the Alpine is Black :angry:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally have all the parts for installation and plan on doing it this weekend

- XM reciever
- XM interface box
- Metra Dash Kit
- Wiring harness
- Wiring change required for the sub

thinking of getting an Alpine changer this week - anyone mounted a changer yet? if so where did you put it?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed 9835 with XM on Tuesday, used stock speakers/amp. Metra mounting kit.

looks great, sounds great. burried the XM antenna under the rear strut.

few more questions on the 9835

- anyone change the animations from the clouds, if so can you point me to a post on how or a link on it?
- clock is military time - anyway to change it, i thought I saw a post that someone had done this but can't find it.

thanks

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

you can thank the FCC for that. once he's back on his own turf he'll go back to the way he was. i still think the show is funny...just not as funny as it used to be before the stinkin FCC for involved!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts