Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, guyz I just cant wait till my car is done I bought the greddy tt kit, my car is in the shop right now ,the one side of the turbo is done.just have to put the other side on and intercooler, injectors etc. the mechanic said that it takes time because theres a diffrent technique in installing and also this is his first z he ever worked on. hoping I could get my car this week! when its done Ill post some pictures and dyno numbers till then.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Congrats on the TT kit and welcome! Definitely post some pics up when it's finished. Any projections dyno-wise?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Welcome! Where are you getting it done? What color and trim is your Z? Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got it on ebay for 5,600 the turbo kit with intercooler my car is getting done at a shop inside the las vegas speed way. Without the turbo I dyno'd @ 222 HP @ the wheels and 220 ILBs. of torque. I had a nismo cat back and nismo cold intake(to me thats kind of low) hoping to hit 300+ or more with this set up.what didnt come with the kit is the greddy turbo guage, pod, and turbo timer I bought that three days ago. Just cant wait!!! I am also so broke but **** A HAPPY !!! my car is Lemans orange with viel side wing and bronze volk racing t37 wrapped toyo proxyes. Hope i get my car this week. i miss my baby!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its stick ,I dynoed on a mustang dyno maybe thats why its low? Im not sure or maybe the elevation has do with it. what do you guyz think?I used 91 gas by the way. thanks

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Higher elevation (thinner air) and 91 octane most likely contibuted to the lower dyno numbers...Mustang dyno's typically run lower as well from what I hear although I have never used one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah when it's done post some cool pic's your maybe link some sweet ass vid's. I still have the Wings West video from rides of the 350Z doing some sick dounuts. Just need to cut out the rest of the show and post it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yessssss! its finally done!!!! Ill post some pics and dyno# but my next day off is tuesday or weds. Ill be able to hook it up by then. Im loven the boost I wonder why im only boosting 5.8 psi. I thought it would be pushing 7-8 psi.But who cares its friggen fast rpm hits you in the face with every shift. wastegate sounds like a rattle snake. I drove the car down town and I got major props. Boy!! did I feel Like a celebrity.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This morning has been bad. I woke up, to back my car out of the garage and a little oil leak was spotted and check engine light turned on maybe Im leaking from one of the oil line that feeds the turbo Ill take it to the shop this morning to get it checked. Hope its not any thing major.The car runs good the idle is like stock hmmmm?? If things runs great Ill put it to the dyno and post some pictures of my project Z.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'd turn down my boost a little if I were you too. I've heard way too many horror stories of people on Greddy's stock boost. I'd turn it down just to be safe before you end up with a hole in your block.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Congrats on the GReddy install.

I am not a F/I guru...but I believe you are treading on very thin ice if you have not pulled timing running on 91 octane even at 5.6 psi...

There are quite a few other systems that need to be modified for the GReddy twin turbo setup to work safely in our car. That yours is the first Z this shop has worked on does not sound good.

Do you have any other modifications other than the Greddy TT?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im running stock internals, the only thing I have is the nismo cat-back exhaust. Tha mechanic is a professional he's been doing it for maybe 30 years. His cars have been in turbo magizines. The problem was not really a big thing he said the reason it leaked because the metal expanded from the heat and made the connection loose. we had to tighten it. Its all good now. Also about the check engine light was because I put the car on a ramp (45 degrees) to check where the oil leak was comming from and the computer tripped ,reading that I was low on oil. Its fixed now. Ill post some pics.. Thanks for your guyz support and thoughts.... Pictures will be here in just 30 min..HOPE YOU LIKE IT ENNNNJOy :thumbsup: :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts