Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 2003 enthusiast Z but am not happy to hear all the bad news about the potenzas, so I'm leaning on trying to get the dealer to put all seasons (pref the michelin pilot a/s) on the car. Unfortunatly, the car has 18's and michelin only makes 225/40s (want 45), but I don't want to have to sacrifice a lower car for speed bumps.

Pirelli makes a 235/45 all season and I'd maybe consider these for the front but am wondering about rub issues with the wider tires?

If anyone has any suggestions for me or if any 18in people out there own all seasons please either email me or post a reply. If I can find a pair of all seasons for the Z it'll secure my purchase.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
There are no rubbing issues if you go with the wider tires. Someone else had to be a set of new tires and decided to go 'wider' and it actually looks and feels better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had Pilot Sports A/S on my '03 Z since early last year, and they work great. I put Volks on at the same time, 8.5x18 and 9.5x18, and the A/S are 245x40 and 275x40. Not exactly cheap, but the difference in handling, in good weather and bad, is gratifying. As I recall, I couldn't get 255x40 at the time, but that's actually a better choice.

Z33

1 - 4 of 4 Posts