Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer just called to inform my used 2004 350z base was getting a free alignment and two new front tires. Ive heard horror stories of the alignment not holding true and such. Any ideas as to why? Kinda funny two new tires and an alignment isn't standard on with every used car purchase, much less one with 14k miles. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Dealer just called to inform my used 2004 350z base was getting a free alignment and two new front tires. Ive heard horror stories of the alignment not holding true and such. Any ideas as to why? Kinda funny two new tires and an alignment isn't standard on with every used car purchase, much less one with 14k miles. Thanks in advance.
Before I had mine done, I just thought the growling road noise at low speeds was attributed to being closer to the ground, and the fact that it's a sporty car. Now that I had it done, I realize that I never should have thought that. It's so much more quiet.

No problemas aqui.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You probably qualify under the warranty for the new tires and alignment. I'm the second owner of my Z, but it's still under warranty. I just got the same thing done to my car. :clap:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just picked the car up. And yes, huge difference. Very little road noise now and the lion's roar when decelerating from 40-20 is gone. I hope that is the end of it though. Id hate to know this a reaccuring problem and im gonna be eating tires every 15k. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just picked the car up. And yes, huge difference. Very little road noise now and the lion's roar when decelerating from 40-20 is gone. I hope that is the end of it though. Id hate to know this a reaccuring problem and im gonna be eating tires every 15k. Thanks everyone.
What tires are you running? The stock potenzas aren't exactly "long-life" tires. I've switched to BFG KDW2s, and they seem to be doing MUCH better. I got 18K out of my stock tires, but I have a 2005 that isn't feathering. But at 18K, the rears were completely bald (too much happy-foot at the lights during the winter when it was wet, with VDC off).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What tires are you running? The stock potenzas aren't exactly "long-life" tires. I've switched to BFG KDW2s, and they seem to be doing MUCH better. I got 18K out of my stock tires, but I have a 2005 that isn't feathering. But at 18K, the rears were completely bald (too much happy-foot at the lights during the winter when it was wet, with VDC off).

I am running the stock Potenza's now that ya mention it. This being my first performance vehicle, Im fairly clueless to good tires and such. I'll try to keep with them as long as the dealership keeps throwing new ones at me <j/k> :rolf2: . Any suggestions what nice, reliable set would be? I'm fairly light-footed, and baby my Z. She get's enough attention setting still, much less hurting the feelings of over-zealous drivers :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am running the stock Potenza's now that ya mention it. This being my first performance vehicle, Im fairly clueless to good tires and such. I'll try to keep with them as long as the dealership keeps throwing new ones at me <j/k> :rolf2: . Any suggestions what nice, reliable set would be? I'm fairly light-footed, and baby my Z. She get's enough attention setting still, much less hurting the feelings of over-zealous drivers :shiftdrive:
I like my BFG KDW2s, I've also seen Pilot Sports as well liked. PZeros should be good, too. Depends on the kind of weather you get, though. I wouldn't go near snow with my KDW2s...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts