Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need suggestions on a good alarm system. One that will be able to detect someone touching the car. I have had problems with kids scratching the paint, and don't need to go through that again. I really don't want to spend too much as I have to pay for body work too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sup man. I hear you about protecting your car. I'm in the market too for a good alarm for the FAIRLADY. I hear clifford alarms are real good. Usually they are pretty pricey but here's a link to a place on the net that sells for good prices.

http://www.adelcom.net/Clifford1.htm

Haven't dealt w/ them yet so just be sure they are reputable.

Viper also made by DEI like Clifford make good alarms.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
viper and clifford are the exact same thing just rebadged..kinda like a Chevy vs. GMC truck.

They would be my choice in alarms.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I think I have it narrowed down to a 2 way system. Anybody have experience with the viper 5000 (LCD, no remote start) or the viper 3000 (LED, no remote start).

How hard is it to install one of these systems myself. I have very limited experience in electrical mods. Is there a how to guide?

How many sensors do I need and how hard are they to install

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Ordered a DEI Hornet 700T. This uses the factory remote. Also picking up the RF dual field sensor, glass breakage sensor and "pain generator".
Don't want to add relays to get alarm's remote to work like the factory remote. Besides, alarm is only $175 including all additional devices and battery backup.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts