Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just joined this awesome forum. Was wondering if anybody could suggest a top notch alarm system for the Z?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
thx for joining!! toykilla is the man to ask and he should be on here soon to answer your question. i know he is gonna be doing a how to install with pics but was delayed b/c he totaled his other Z.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry to hear that! I want some system so i can tell if someone's too near or messing with the Z when i'm somewhere where i do not have a visual on it. Already had some idiots smash the rear glass before and the factory alarm didnt go off so i do not want anything like that again.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
That's a shame!
Why is it that stupid people are drawn to the Z's? I get nervous parking in the very last space in the parking lots with no one around but the tumbleweeds (which don't exist here!) I hope it worked out for you thru insurance.....

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the factory alarm will only go off when the doors are opened. It doesnt have a proximity sensor (goes off when people are too near) or a shock sensor (responds to bumps and bangs)

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Let me dig up some alarm info... Look for it this weekend.. I know I have been getting alot of alarm questions lately.. I need to clear up some confusion that salesman will try give you...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bump for info!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Apr 22 2004, 08:08 AM
I'd like to get the lo-jack recovery system, but they don't have coverage in Pittsburgh yet.

I don't remember if it was Nissan or my dealership, but the weekend I got my Z, they were offering free install. Definitely a nice bit of reassurance.

But I too have been thinking about getting a Viper system installed, I just don't know much about alarms so I have no idea which one.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I havnt done it yet, but i did check out all the wiring.. the only thing i see being difficult is the door locks which it says are inside the doors.. i think u can find them elsewhere but not 100% on that till i look..

sorry i meant to do this months ago, but what can i say?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts