Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brough the z down to the dealership yesterday to fix the greasy windows. Of course i sat there for an hour for them to tell me that they have to order the parts. These guys are f*cken idiots dont know if I want to bring the car back there. Anyways, after I get home I notice that when i arm the alarm the lights flash twice but the horn does not sound, then when I disarm the car unlocks but the lights dont flash. Is this some kind of silent mode or somthing?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Yes, there should be a way to change it back in the manual. I'm not sure of the procedure, and I don't have my manual here, but I'm pretty sure you can change it to where the horn honks too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your alarm is in silent mode... Hold down the unlock and lock button together and your horn should honk. And then your good to go...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yes - thanks! I don't like the horn to toot when I lock her up!

I do wish we had the Corvette deal wherein you walk away and it locks and you walk back and it unlocks all by itself! Cool. :irock:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yeah that is cool, our Audi knows from the key you use to unlock it whether it's my hubby or me, and adjusts the seats/mirrors according to our settings. :biggrin:

Wifey's Volvo is similar - memory seats, etc. And her car won't let you play hard rock. Silly Volvos.
:lmfao:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm surprised that Nissan, et al, doesn't pick up on the Corvette locking system - wherein all you need do is walk away from the car and it locks. Then, walk toward it, and it unlocks. I'd give up my cupholders for that. :irock:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm surprised that Nissan, et al, doesn't pick up on the Corvette locking system - wherein all you need do is walk away from the car and it locks. Then, walk toward it, and it unlocks. I'd give up my cupholders for that. :irock:

i thought that the murano has that? but i might be mistaking...my moms doenst have it but she got it the first year it came out but i thought the 05s have them

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hmm - holding Lock+Unlock together does nothing on my JDM model. But then, there is no "key fob" with my model, there is only the one door key with lock/unlock buttons.

It's in "silent" mode at the moment - Any alternate ideas on how to get it out of this mode?

EDIT: Can't find an English service manual that doesn't talk about key fobs. Oh well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE (RUFDRAFT @ Oct 15 2005, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=164693
your Z has cupholders? ooooooh you mean those little things on the doors. i never thought of using them :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts