Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!! I bought a Nissan 350z Enthusium with the Nismo upgrade. It has a salvage title and I cant get it registered until it passes a safety inspection. Problem?? THE F-ING AIRBAG SENSOR KEEPS FLASHING!! I need that light to be off. Does anyone know of a way to bypass it or where I can buy a bypass for it??? I need to get the car registered...thanks for any input..

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear about the airbag CEL. That's a problem with a salvage car- it's hard to know what was the cause of the total was. There is no way to bypass it, as it's a federal safety requirement to remain active. Why don't you list what you've done to troubleshoot this problem and maybe someone can offer some useful suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2005 GTR started this years ago. It was a problem for ALL Nissans of this vintage in general. There was online information using key on, key off sequences and pushing the door button so many times in between that would reset it. I did that and finally found one that worked.....................for a while. Then, when I could no longer to get it to stay off using that, I took it to the dealer. They said it was the passenger seat air bag sensor and had to keep the car for a couple of days while they ordered it. When I got the car back, light was off and stayed off.

But, one day, two months or so later, when my wife went with me somewhere, I noticed she had failed to put her seat belt on and there was no warning light. I had not had anyone in that seat since the dealer "repair" so, hadn't been aware. So much for that dealer and their "repairs". Lord knows what they did to get the light off and then sent it out defective like that. No need to go back and argue because, why would I trust them now.

Then, a month or two later, the air bag warning light began to come on again. I just kept resetting it and it would stay off for a while. Finally, it just kept coming back on within a few minutes of driving after a reset. So, I've lived with it since. Figuring I'd buy a code reader and fix it myself someday. It was a main reason I joined this forum.

Of course, I never have.

If you find some miracle cure, do please share. Even the dealerships can't seem to get this one right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where do you live that the airbag sensor needs to be off? I live in Texas and I thought it was bs that I can't have a check engine light on to pass inspection

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where do you live that the airbag sensor needs to be off? I live in Texas and I thought it was bs that I can't have a check engine light on to pass inspection

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Safety inspection. A flashing air bag light indicates a non-working air bag. Why even have them if they aren't functional?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts